5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Lift/Suspension Advice

Maddog88

Reaction score
Hey y’all, long time listener, first time caller. Before I posted this question I scrounged the forums, YouTube and basically reached the end of the internet looking for my answer. I think I found it but, I want to make sure I’m not missing or overlooking anything.

I live in Georgia and own a 2019 Rebel with coil suspension. I’m an avid mountain biker and go into the Blue Ridge Mountains rather often. Many of our trailheads are pretty remote. The extent of my off-roading is forest service roads and the occasional rutted out trail. Maybe a few bigger rocks here and there.

I’d like to lift my truck to fit 35/12.5R18’s. The local off-road shop recommended a 3.5” Readylift, another shop recommended the BDS 4” (I can only find that for air suspension?), and the local dealer went with the Falcon. All solid options and honestly, I’d rather go with the Falcon because I do tow occasionally. However, my gut says to go with the Fabtech Dirt Logic.

I don’t mind the more expensive options because I’m a big believer in but once, cry once. But, I also wonder for my needs if those options are overkill. The truck is perfectly capable in its stock form but, I just can’t leave well enough alone!

So, I put the question to the brain trust, what do y’all think I should get? Thanks!

293c4884bf416246c771e304c8262e3a.jpg

Maddog88

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve read that one all the way through at least three times. It’s by far the most informative. Also why my gut tells me to go with the Dirt Logic. But, I have to wonder with my type of light off-roading if it’s overkill and if a Readylift SST would be be fine.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Dirt Logic is top tier but you’ll know better then us if it’s overkill. I tend to buy more then I need just in case I get in that situation where I wish that I had more lol.

Maddog88

Reaction score
The Dirt Logic is top tier but you’ll know better then us if it’s overkill. I tend to buy more then I need just in case I get in that situation where I wish that I had more lol.

This was my Grand Cherokee prior to this truck. So, yeah, I tend to go for more than I need!

Last edited:

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
first off I highly highly recommend to not exceed a 2" spacer on the rebel with factory struts. The rebel is already 1" higher than a non offroad ram, any higher and youre asking for your ball joints or cv axles to go out. The 3.5 kit sucks because it compresses your springs thus changing the springs rate which gives it a bouncy ride. It also puts the rebel at a 4" lift practically because its already at +1" from factory. If you're going with coil overs id skip dirt logic( I can't believe dirt logic tried selling a 4" kit with out a cross member relocation or a spindle) and get some fox or kings for a few extra dollars. I've never heard any of my buddies say thay they love their dirt logics but I have heard that about fox and king. Falcons are a bang for the buck and they actually teamed up with a lot of people to do R&D specifically for the rebel(something dirt logic did not do).
I rode a readylift 2" spacer with their upper control arm and have nothing bad to say about their kit. I abused the hell out of my truck until I needed more.
My suggestion would be the 2" readylift if you're on a budget, the falcons if you don't mind spending more and if you're willing to go all out then pull the trigger on the fox/bds kit or king shocks(you will still need to purchase an upper control arm with the king coil overs.. does not include one)

Last edited:

Maddog88

Reaction score
first off I highly highly recommend to not exceed a 2" spacer on the rebel with factory struts. The rebel is already 1" higher than a non offroad ram, any higher and youre asking for your ball joints or cv axles to go out. The 3.5 kit sucks because it compresses your springs thus changing the springs rate which gives it a bouncy ride. It also puts the rebel at a 4" lift practically because its already at +1" from factory. If you're going with coil overs id skip dirt logic( I can't believe dirt logic tried selling a 4" kit with out a cross member relocation or a spindle) and get some fox or kings for a few extra dollars. I've never heard any of my buddies say thay they love their dirt logics but I have heard that about fox and king. Falcons are a bang for the buck and they actually teamed up with a lot of people to do R&D specifically for the rebel(something dirt logic did not do).
I rode a readylift 2" spacer with their upper control arm and have nothing bad to say about their kit. I abused the hell out of my truck until I needed more.
My suggestion would be the 2" readylift if you're on a budget, the falcons if you don't mind spending more and if you're willing to go all out then pull the trigger on the fox/bds kit or king shocks(you will still need to purchase an upper control arm with the king coil overs.. does not include one)

That’s the single best post I’ve read so far on the subject. Thanks!

I really like the design of the Falcons. The tow setting would be very useful for me. However, I’ve read that the total lift might be less than advertised. Would a 35/12.5r18 (0 to -12 offset) fit or would I have to go a tad smaller like they did in that TFL vid?

Also, the BDL lift is only advertised for a non-Rebel 1500. Would it still work?

Ram.Rebel.19

Reaction score
Hey y’all, long time listener, first time caller. Before I posted this question I scrounged the forums, YouTube and basically reached the end of the internet looking for my answer. I think I found it but, I want to make sure I’m not missing or overlooking anything.

I live in Georgia and own a 2019 Rebel with coil suspension. I’m an avid mountain biker and go into the Blue Ridge Mountains rather often. Many of our trailheads are pretty remote. The extent of my off-roading is forest service roads and the occasional rutted out trail. Maybe a few bigger rocks here and there.

I’d like to lift my truck to fit 35/12.5R18’s. The local off-road shop recommended a 3.5” Readylift, another shop recommended the BDS 4” (I can only find that for air suspension?), and the local dealer went with the Falcon. All solid options and honestly, I’d rather go with the Falcon because I do tow occasionally. However, my gut says to go with the Fabtech Dirt Logic.

I don’t mind the more expensive options because I’m a big believer in but once, cry once. But, I also wonder for my needs if those options are overkill. The truck is perfectly capable in its stock form but, I just can’t leave well enough alone!

So, I put the question to the brain trust, what do y’all think I should get? Thanks!

293c4884bf416246c771e304c8262e3a.jpg
BDS makes a 4” lift for non air ride. I have done lots of research (too much) and just pulled the trigger on 4” BDS kit for my 2019 Rebel non air. Only downside is due to COVID the shop estimates it will take 5 or so weeks to ship.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I'm about to do the same thing in 3 weeks. The BDS 4" suspension lift looks like an excellent option.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First off, very nice truck! I do about the same type of trails/driving as you do, and I agree that the stock set up is certainly very capable. I was in the same boat as you tho and wanted to fit some 35’s. I went with just the bilstein leveling 5100’s and I’m really impressed... they do exactly what I need them to, drive and ride great, and I don’t have any real concerns about longevity of my front suspension.
My dream setup was always a 4 inch BDS, and if I could justify spending thousands of dollars instead of just a few hundred, then I definitely would have gotten the BDS. It sounds like you’re willing to spend more than I was, so I’d go with the BDS if you’re okay dropping that much money, however for me the bilstein leveling shocks suit my needs just fine and it of course worked well within the budget. With that said, everything your considering, except for the ReadyLift, would be even better than the bilstein 5100’s in my opinion. Good luck with whichever you decide - can’t go wrong!

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s the single best post I’ve read so far on the subject. Thanks!

I really like the design of the Falcons. The tow setting would be very useful for me. However, I’ve read that the total lift might be less than advertised. Would a 35/12.5r18 (0 to -12 offset) fit or would I have to go a tad smaller like they did in that TFL vid?

Also, the BDL lift is only advertised for a non-Rebel 1500. Would it still work?
My buddy has falcons on his rebel and it sits a bit taller than mine when it had the readylift spacer. The spacer I had is advertised as a 2" but it only gave me about 1.25". Its all about measuring from wheel well hub to bottom of fender. If you put yours at 23.25"-24" I can guarantee I can get you to fit 35s. Mine has no rubbing what so ever even on full lock while offroading. I even set my kings at the same height because I liked that little bit of rake for hauling my atv. I see a lot of people are suggesting the 4" bds kit as well but that kit uses the stock front shocks so it won't upgrade your ride quality unfortunately. That kit would be awesome if it came with a wider diameter front strut and coil to accommodate the geometry change. I forgot to mention that the bilstein 5100s are a good option as well

Last edited:

Maddog88

Reaction score
That kit would be awesome if it came with a wider diameter front strut and coil to accommodate the geometry change.

There we go, that’s what I was thinking too. Do you suppose it’s possible to pair the Fox front coil overs with the 4” kit?

But, Lift is honestly not what I’m after since ground clearance really isn’t an issue. Fitting 35’s and leveling it out (as measured from the rocker panels) is more my goal. So, I keep coming back to the Falcons. If they don’t end up giving me good enough level could I just add a smaller top spacer and, if needed, new uca’s?

However, I’m partial to Fox since that’s what’s on my bike! Damn they make a nice shock.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There we go, that’s what I was thinking too. Do you suppose it’s possible to pair the Fox front coil overs with the 4” kit?

But, Lift is honestly not what I’m after since ground clearance really isn’t an issue. Fitting 35’s and leveling it out (as measured from the rocker panels) is more my goal. So, I keep coming back to the Falcons. If they don’t end up giving me good enough level could I just add a smaller top spacer and, if needed, new uca’s?

However, I’m partial to Fox since that’s what’s on my bike! Damn they make a nice shock.
Thats a question for bds but im sure its possible. I've seen .50" spacers out there that go on top of the strut and utilizes the factory threads and nuts

Last edited:

Desert XJ

Reaction score
I love everyone's enthusiasm for 3.5" leveling kits but I'll remind you that the front end only be gets 9" of wheel travel.....4.5" up and 4.5" down. When you put a leveling kit on like 3.5" you are left with only 1" of down travel which equals a very rough ride. 2" leveling kits are really the max if you care about ride quality and you plan on hitting the trails. That's why 4"+ kits like BDS are beneficial if you plan on actually using your truck because they maintain all the factory wheel travel.
I have 2" King Coilovers and shocks. The ride quality is good but I know my travel is a bit limited.

Desert XJ

Reaction score
I love everyone's enthusiasm for 3.5" leveling kits but I'll remind you that the front end only be gets 9" of wheel travel.....4.5" up and 4.5" down. When you put a leveling kit on like 3.5" you are left with only 1" of down travel which equals a very rough ride. 2" leveling kits are really the max if you care about ride quality and you plan on hitting the trails. That's why 4"+ kits like BDS are beneficial if you plan on actually using your truck because they maintain all the factory wheel travel.
I have 2" King Coilovers and shocks. The ride quality is good but I know my travel is a bit limited.
You can still fit 35s easily with a 2" leveling kit.

Maddog88

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone. I tend towards paralysis by analysis and sometimes I just have to pick something. So, I’ve ordered the Falcon kit. I realize it probably won’t completely level the truck so, I’ve also ordered some 1/2” Wulf spacers. Hopefully it won’t need UCA’s but, we’ll see I guess.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone. I tend towards paralysis by analysis and sometimes I just have to pick something. So, I’ve ordered the Falcon kit. I realize it probably won’t completely level the truck so, I’ve also ordered some 1/2” Wulf spacers. Hopefully it won’t need UCA’s but, we’ll see I guess.
emoji1696.png
They're on the RebHell and worth the money from what i saw on his post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200719-083841_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200719-083841_Instagram.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 219

tonka146

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post on here.. just pulled the trigger on the new fabtech 3" uca lift which basically turns the factory bilsteins into 5100's. Im gonna be returning the readylift 3.5 since it did damage to my lower control arm. Excited to see the finished product and my new shoes will be 22x10 hostiles with 33x12.5 nitto grappler

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Just ordered my BDS 4" Suspension Lift today. A little stiff on the price at $3k out the door, but after reading lots of info and seeing and riding in the 6" version, I am sold. Not I just need to decide on if I want 35X12.50R20 or 35x11.50R20 Ridge Grapplers on the Fuel Beast Rims.

I have a couple buddies on 12.50's that are saying to go to 11.50's for a little better handling. The shop doing the work says the opposite. I will never put them in snow, so I am not worried about the width for that, but i was wondering if anyone had any advice or input one way or the other on 12.50 vs. 11.50 with tires?

Users who are viewing this thread