5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for All Weather tire replacement

KMach

Reaction score
I’m upstate and in northern Washington County… I ran and still run the Firestone Destination A/T on my little 99 Dakota. Been running them for over 12 years and 150,000 miles. That is my winter truck, and it was on I87 in the early morning hours Dec. 17th 2020 when we got 4ft of snow. Not only is that truck the best thing I have ever owned, it is the most sure footed truck I have ever driven in snow. Those tires are great and I have mounted a lot of tires professionally.
My new ram has the factory Falkens and I really haven’t tested them in any highway snow other than moving the truck when it snows. I try to keep this one salt free as the little 99 has plenty of missing panels nowadays.
I’m very loyal to the Firestone brand tires, ran nothing but them at my fleet job. Great wear and great performance.
Besides my Dakota, I run firestones on my daily commuter car, and the transforce A/T on my 3rd gen Cummins. That has only seen snow a handful of times as well, but the weight of that truck makes it a tank anyways.

LouNY

Reaction score
Never been a Firestone fan, used to run a lot of Coopers, especially the Winter Master.
Now my snows for the last several years have been Nokian Hakkapeliitta's an excellent tire.
That was quite a storm that day, a tad bit different then what was forecast.
I was quite surprised when I looked out at daylight, and three days later it was mostly gone.
Southern Washington County

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Never been a Firestone fan, used to run a lot of Coopers, especially the Winter Master.
Now my snows for the last several years have been Nokian Hakkapeliitta's an excellent tire.
That was quite a storm that day, a tad bit different then what was forecast.
I was quite surprised when I looked out at daylight, and three days later it was mostly gone.
Southern Washington County
I've been running Nokian Hakka's for about 20 years now and have always been pleased with them. In my area they can be a bit troublesome to find (this year in particular) but I've never regretted my purchase. This year I picked up a set of Blizzak's for one vehicle and the other got Hakka's, it will be interesting to see how they do and be able to (somewhat) compare them.

Users who are viewing this thread