5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for advice on buying a new 5th gen 1500

dajogejr

Reaction score
Frankly, I went from a 15 limited to a 23 limited, the only thing I wish I could’ve done differently on my 23 is get the 6’4 box with Ram Boxes.
They’re an accessory I don’t ever want to have to go without. Cab of my truck is immaculate. Need a tie down or two? Ram box. Tow strap? RB. Jumper Cables? RB. Forgot a cooler? Grab some ice and your favorite beverage… RB.

I agree the RB on my 15 lined up better than my 23. But the function of them far outweighs the non-perfect look. You’ll be amazed how handy they are. One side of mine is always stuffed, the other is open for things I need to transport, from drills to drinks.

With a family of 4, you’ll be surprised how much of their “Stuff” could be stowed away in the ram boxes as well.
The cargo hold/gate is also outstanding, standard on RamBox equipped trucks. I keep mine near the rear so things don’t slide forward. You can also use it as a tailgate extender…

The MFT is also a game changer… when you remember you have it. Not having to reach over a down tailgate to access your truck bed is amazing, but nearly 20 years of owning RAM trucks, I’m conditioned to drop the tailgate, instead of swing the doors open..:)

irishwake63

Reaction score
a Limited is really "limited" on payload and from what I have been reading the Tundra is far more reliable than the Ram

Users who are viewing this thread