5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a method to seperate back and front of can.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some kind of a cab separating wall. Purpose of it is when I have my 2 huskies with me I wanna be able to keep them in the back, so I can lay a blanket or so across the seats to prevent dirt and damage, and then it's also safer for them if they can't get into the front of the cab.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you looked at a “dog hammock” (fabric) or are you looking for something more permanent like the separator they put in a police car/taxi cab/cargo van?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe a cargo net would suffice. Would allow you to see through it as well. Just find (or cut) to size so you can stretch it and then attach with bungees or carabiner clips

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Have you looked at a “dog hammock” (fabric) or are you looking for something more permanent like the separator they put in a police car/taxi cab/cargo van?
I was thinking something a little more permanent.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your dogs are unrestrained in the back, they're still at risk. If you want them to actually be safe in a crash, they need to be belted in with a harness.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
If your dogs are unrestrained in the back, they're still at risk. If you want them to actually be safe in a crash, they need to be belted in with a harness.
I agree with what you stated, but with a small caveat. If I'm going on the highway they get put in a crate in the back seat that's strapped to the cargo tiedowns. But for this post I'm talking more for in town driving, where the fastest speed I can drive is 25mph, and the worst crash I've seen around here is a few small fender bender that don't even set off airbags. And when I say safer in the back for them, I mean so that they can't be climbing around the front and jumping on the dash, obscurring my vision, or as one of them attempted before when she was a pup, to get down by the pedals. So to summarize, at any higher speeds they get kenneled in the back and the kennel is tied down, but in town at 25mph and under, that's unnecessary, and I prefer to take them with me wherever I can and let them stick their faces out the window. This isn't an attitude filled response, so please don't take it that way. This is just me explaining why I want some kind of seperator.

Kidder

Reaction score
Worst thread title ever. Can a mod fix the title to say cab separator?

Users who are viewing this thread