5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a good Tonneau cover

foolsh1

Reaction score
I want to get the mopar folding one but I wanted to know how it does with rain? Does it get through? Also, are mopar products covered on a mopar lifetime warranty? Just curious.

I havent looked after a rain, but I saw water get in at the quarter car wash, I tried not to blast any openings. I need to go back and look at the installation, it was the mechanics first time on a 2019, in fact he had it installed slightly crooked and it didn't sit flush at the tailgate and I had him readjust it. So before I say anything on the Mopar Tonneau I need to re-look at it. And that is a good question on the warranty?

cruz-in

Reaction score
After hours and hours of research, I ordered an Access Limited.

Capj66

Reaction score
I installed a Roll-N-Lock, works great dam near impossible to break into. Have used them in the past on other trucks and have been very pleased.

R Luzb

Reaction score
This is the Mopar hard trifold installed on my truck, ignore the masking tape.
View attachment 11938 View attachment 11937
I am considering getting this cover myself. It looks really nice! How do you like it so far? Are the panels on this cover like a power coated aluminum? Also if you need to take it completely off for full bed access how heavy is it?

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score
I am considering getting this cover myself. It looks really nice! How do you like it so far? Are the panels on this cover like a power coated aluminum? Also if you need to take it completely off for full bed access how heavy is it?
With this cover you have 95% bed access it folds against the rear window, if you wanted to remove it completely probably a 30 minute job, the unit weighs about 30-40 pounds. yes powder coated aluminum. I like it however I get water in at the corners and some on the sides it runs down the walls and out the truck, still more than I've typically seen with this type of cover. Lastly just like everything else in this truck QC bad right rail took alot of effort to install, left I pushed in by hand with 0 effort.

Lablvr2

Reaction score
Is the factory cover easy to fold back and how easy is it to remove if you need the bed space? My brother in law has a Bakflip on his 2017 Laramie and that seems similar to the Mopar version. I have heard they are the same but not sure if that is true.

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Any problems opening and closing the tailgate with the cover down? What about power assist tailgate? Thanks in advance man, love the truck.

I had this same cover in the Lund version on my 13 then put it on my 15...so 6 years in the Florida sun and it was still in great shape. For the money it paid for itself. I don’t see the benefit to paying $1000 or more for a bed cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creep0321

Reaction score
May have made up my mind, unless there is any obvious shortfalls of a soft cover vs hard cover like Lomax?

cjmst23

Reaction score
Is the factory cover easy to fold back and how easy is it to remove if you need the bed space? My brother in law has a Bakflip on his 2017 Laramie and that seems similar to the Mopar version. I have heard they are the same but not sure if that is true.
It's exactly the same cover bak makes them for Mopar. The mx4 is matte, the G2 and Mopar are gloss.

Removes in 2 minutes (1 knob on each side).

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score
it exactly the same as the Mopar one is made by BAK

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score
I just went through the same things the OP is going through, trying to decide which option is better for a tonneau cover.

I went to my local Line-X store, which I think is nationwide, and I saw both the Bak MX4 and the UnderCover Ultra Flex covers. I ended up going with the UnderCover because it had a 5 year warranty vs 3 for the BAK, and the bottom part of the cover has that BedRug carpeting which gives it a little nicer finish. I also liked that the UnderCover had a little more shiny finish which I thought would better match to my black paint, and the UnderCover doesn't touch the window or the paint when it's completely folded up.

Line-X is going to put their spray-on bed liner tomorrow, then put the tonneau cover on and install a front level kit. If interested in pics, let me know.

Bill767

Reaction score
Would anyone know if you could stand on top of the MX4 or the Mopar tonneau cover? The MX4 advertises 400 pounds evenly distributed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/