5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking back at our predictions for the 2019 Ram 1500

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Now that the 2019 Ram 1500 has been launched, the media drives completed and the truck is currently shipping to dealers, I thought it would be fun to look back and see what we correctly and incorrectly predicted.

Overall I think with the help of our sources we did very well. Also not included in this list is this article that I wrote which were also some of my personal predictions. Everything in that article came to fruition with the exception of the fold flat rear seating, tilteable center stack and console shifter which still might be coming on the TRX.
What we got right:
  • Optional 12 inch UConnect screen (Dec 13th 2017)
  • Remote tailgate release from the key fob (Dec 13th 2017)
  • Active park assist and lane keeping system (Dec 13th 2017)
  • 360 Degree Surround view camera (Dec 13th 2017)
  • Panoramic sunroof (Dec 13th 2017)
  • Adaptive cruise control (Dec 13th 2017)
  • Wireless phone charging (Dec 13th 2017)
  • Blind spot monitoring (Dec 13th 2017)
  • LED fog and taillights (Dec 13th 2017)
  • Roomier crew cab (Dec 13th 2017)
  • 275-70-18 Goodyear Duratracs for Rebel (Dec 15th 2017)
  • Rebel Mule on Steel coil suspension as opposed to air suspension (Dec 15th 2017)
  • January start of production with trucks being on lots March-April (Dec 16th 2017)
  • 22 Inch wheel availability (Dec 19th 2017)
  • Laramie Longhorn and above with differently styled front end and adaptive dual LED projector headlights (Dec 19th 2017)
  • 4x4 off road package, as a matter of fact we even nailed it including the features that will be available right down to the tires (Dec 20th 2017)
  • Chrome trim around the side windows on higher trims (Dec 22 2017)
  • Piano black B-pillar trim on higher trims (Dec 22 2017)
  • Power deployable running boards (Dec 22 2017)
  • Limited grille insert modeled after the grille opening (Dec 22 2017)
What we got wrong:
  • Small power bumps for the 3.6 Pentastar and 5.7 Hemi (Dec 13th 2017)
  • All gas engines having Electric Start Stop, this is on eTorque equipped trucks only (Dec 13th 2017)
  • All Ram trucks having LED headlights although we were close with LEDs optional on Big Horn and standard on Rebel and Laramie, with the Longhorn and Limited having the Active LEDs(Dec 15th 2017)
  • We claimed that the rear headrests would be power folding, while you can fold them they are manual folding, not power folding (Dec 22 2017)
What we didn't see coming:
  • eTorque option standard on Pentastar and optional on Hemi models we thought a "hybrid" Ram would have it's own powertrain
  • Slide and recline rear seating
What we still don't know:
  • Whether the rumored "Tornado" turbocharged inline 6 will be available in the future
  • Whether the EcoDiesel will be available in the Rebel
Articles referenced:
2019 Ram information (Dec 13th 2017)
Breaking! 2019 Ram spy photos (Dec 13th 2017)
Where is the 2019 Ram Rebel? (Dec 15th 2017)
2019 Ram Laramie spy video (Dec 16th 2017)
A closer look at the Ram lights (Dec 15th 2017)
2019 Ram Laramie Limited spotted (Dec 19th 2017)
Is a 4x4 off road package coming? (Dec 20th 2017)
What we learned from the 2019 Laramie Limited spy shots (Dec 22 2017)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
your website is doing a wonderful job. Very impressed with the Ram 1500 coverage here.
It will be interesting as the year goes on, when a few more of your preductions come to realization.
It will always be interesting to see what other goodies they release between now and calender year 2019.
And all this makes me ready for your coverage of the 2021 Heavy Duty.
Great job.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate it, thank you. Definitely exciting to see what's coming down the road in the future.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any idea when the catalog with accessories will be available and prices. I am liking the new side steps as they sit nice and close to the rocker panel and was thinking of maybe getting the bed step too. Help me get into the bed.
263a.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll look into the Mopar accessories pricing and let you guys know as soon as it is available.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
I appreciate it, thank you. Definitely exciting to see what's coming down the road in the future.
Oh Swami and your Chrystal Ball due have its way ! BUT, for days now I have been trying to ADD those LED lights - $995 - on My anticipated V6 Big Horn build . . . "won't take" ! So this morning I tried with the Hemi . . . "won't take" ! What gives with that ?
THEN I was wondering - what else is there to do while waiting for the lakes to open up for fly fishing
263a.png
(?) - lots actually ! Do you have any intel on the forthcoming Standard Cab (2 door / 2door + 2 small suicide doors) ? Spy shots are non existent so far !? Guesses, more Predictions, please Mr. Swami Sir !?
1f914.png

263a.png
. My previous Ram was a 2 door and in 2003 it had quit a nice sized storage area behind the seats; then the Cerberus years shrank that by about 4 inches (blah) ! Getting back to the '02 / '03 size or even a couple inches larger in the rear storage bin Be Nice - might even have me rethinking - Quad to Standard ? I don't have a real need for Seats back there, just me and the pooch 90% of the time, and much of it she spent in her bed out in the bed (Cap and BedRug lined) . Course now she's older and "spoiled" with the G.C. - specially when I have the rear seats folded .

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Well, you knew this since Jan. 27th, and come to think of it I probably had known that too but simply forgot . But, "we" still don't know what it will look like ! And will we "see" it in Model year 2020 or Year 2020 ? That's a Big 12+ month difference .

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Well, you knew this since Jan. 27th, and come to think of it I probably had known that too but simply forgot . But, "we" still don't know what it will look like ! And will we "see" it in Model year 2020 or Year 2020 ? That's a Big 12+ month difference .
The regular cabs should be out for model year 2020, we haven't seen any regular cabs yet but you can bet that we will be posting photos of them as soon as we receive them.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
The regular cabs should be out for model year 2020, we haven't seen any regular cabs yet but you can bet that we will be posting photos of them as soon as we receive them.
Any Guesses as to the "size" of the Cab on these ?

Users who are viewing this thread