5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at used 2019 Rebel

why_fly_high

Reaction score
I had an 07 Dodge truck for a very long time. I recently sold it and looking for a new truck. I really like the Rebel. This may not be the best place to ask this question as you all have one but the lower end Rebels that are a year old seem very reaosnably priced. My concern is why are there so many 1 yr old Rebels available?

Thanks!

Dan

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It may just be regional based, I just purchased a used 19 Rebel and very few in my area. 50-70sq mile area I was looking at. All in felt pretty lucky to find one with basically every option I wanted plus the color and ram boxes.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

why_fly_high

Reaction score
Obviously varying options and engines but on one site within 100 miles of me there are 50 used 2019 Rebels. I am in Oklahoma though.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would imagine that is because the low end Rebels are all looks on the outside and very lacking on the inside. Plus the original low end had A LOT of red in them. That's why Ram decided to do the Rebel 12 to tone it down and now offer the Rebel Black so people can have zero red inside.

Downytide

Reaction score
Do your homework, there are 3 reasons why they become used:

- The dealerships registered them as sold to take FCA's dealer incentives, you know those cash discount you see in advertising? they are only available to dealers if they are sold, and there's a limit, so sometimes dealers would registered them as sold (which they are technically), but to themselves and use them as demo/shuttle/loaner, and now they are sold as used, so check who's the first owner.

- Buy backs, some 2019MY are bought back due to whatever reasons, since the there's already quite few made in 2018, they are repaired then sold at auction, again, check the ownership history.

- Some people just have ADHD for cars.

why_fly_high

Reaction score
Looking all the carfax of the cheaper ones nearly every one of them were sold in may of 19 in all different states. Seems strange that they were all sold the same month. 7 months later they all have 13-18K miles.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking all the carfax of the cheaper ones nearly every one of them were sold in may of 19 in all different states. Seems strange that they were all sold the same month. 7 months later they all have 13-18K miles.
I would think that reason 1 in the post above yours might be the explanation.

calvinjns

Reaction score
Same question I had. I stay in Arkansas and they are a few rebels that will be sold and then 2 months later traded in at the exact same dealership but now they have 20,000+ miles. I just assumed they were used as demo/loaner cars. It's one that has everything I want (12in radio, panorama roof) sticker price was $58k and now it's down to $41k. Debating on pulling the trigger but I'm always hesitant on a vehicle tht had 20k miles put on it in 2 months.

Cucch

Reaction score
I had an 07 Dodge truck for a very long time. I recently sold it and looking for a new truck. I really like the Rebel. This may not be the best place to ask this question as you all have one but the lower end Rebels that are a year old seem very reaosnably priced. My concern is why are there so many 1 yr old Rebels available?

Thanks!

Dan
In my area here in Massachusetts there were probably 12 used Rebels for sale when I was shopping. They were mostly all leases from Oklahoma and several southern states. They all had the 3.5" cheaper screen/equipment group, many had the 6 cylinder engine and they were not that well taken care of. They were about $6K cheaper at the time than the new one I bought and love and had 12K to 20K miles. I bought in December 2019. Mine has the V8 and Level 1 Equipment group with the 8.5" screen, wheel liners, 33 gallon tank, side steps, 3 year warranty and much more. I guess if I could have saved $10K or more maybe I would have considered used. So new may be better...it was for me and I am LOVING this truck! I added a 2" Motofab Leveling Kit in the front.

Attachments

• 19 Rebel.jpg
    19 Rebel.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread