5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at buying used, any issue with early models??

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, be sure to do the math on if your state gives you a tax break for the credit of your trade-in on a new vehicle. This values in significance depending on the value of your trade. In my state, you get the tax break on new vehicle purchases but not used. Also, you can check out the Allstate rebate thing to see if you would qualify. Not sure if that's just for new vehicles or not. You don't need to be an Allstate customer.
Only new with less than 1k miles.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Only new with less than 1k miles.
I will admit to my personal bias of buying new over used. I've purchased about 20 new vehicles and had a trade-in almost every time. I've never been asked for service records when trading in a vehicle and it makes me question how someone treated a vehicle before the dealership acquired it. For me, the typically better finance options, warranty and tax breaks lead me to new cars.

But, for new to make more sense, you have to be willing to go the extra mile and wait until the end of the day/week/month/quarter, get dealers to compete against each other, expand your search area and sometimes, be flexible with what options you get.

I understand some people don't want to go through that and just buy from their local dealership. To each their own, but I hate seeing dealerships make huge profits. I don't mean to be rude, but the poster is helping the GM pay for a new boat and vacation with this deal. The used market has collapsed, this truck is not that rare and the prices just don't add up in the buyer's favor. Put in some more research and you can save thousands, new or used.

NJC1684

Reaction score
it is my unicorn. A new Limited is out of my price range, and so is a fully loaded Laramie. This has what I want, expect for the sunroof which I could live without. Otherwise air suspension, 12” screen and 19 speakers with off road package. I’m glad there was no recalls on it.,

If it's a unicorn and optioned as desired I'd say go for it. You can't put a price on happiness! If you hold out you might regret it later as you may not find another. It also sounds as if your mind is made up, post back with the pictures!! :)

ktl5005

Reaction score
If it's a unicorn and optioned as desired I'd say go for it. You can't put a price on happiness! If you hold out you might regret it later as you may not find another. It also sounds as if your mind is made up, post back with the pictures!! :)
Will do. Pick it up on Tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread