5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at 285/60/20 Nitto ridge grapplers need help with decision

Grunkster

Reaction score
I got my 275/60/20 ridge grapplers for just under 1K out the door...discount tire had an $80 "flash sale" the other day and they matched the lowest price i could find them for anywhere else plus had them in stock...so done deal! Diggin' em so far!!

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my 275/60/20 ridge grapplers for just under 1K out the door...discount tire had an $80 "flash sale" the other day and they matched the lowest price i could find them for anywhere else plus had them in stock...so done deal! Diggin' em so far!!
Yeah - the 4WheelOnline.com site has them for $932 out the door too using the 5% discount - good deal.

Grunkster

Reaction score
gotcha...by out the door i meant mounted/balanced and with lifetime rotations (and with the 8.5% tax we have in this city!)

Geobound

Reaction score
Google is your friend:

Well based on this video I'd never buy them for snowy conditions, so I don't how he could say he was very happy with them? Oh well good luck to those that live in a truly winter environment and have these tires.

They look good I'll give you that, but not for me or where I live.

Thanks for the video though. (y)

Grunkster

Reaction score
You cannot see elevation in videos. I bet they will be just fine in the snow

MFALRAM

Reaction score
You cannot see elevation in videos. I bet they will be just fine in the snow
I saw that video a long time ago. I wouldn’t make my decision off that video anyways. I drive in deeper snow than 3 inches. Besides I made it last year in New York with the crappy duelers. I’m sure these are a great upgrade compared to the Bridgestones.

Grunkster

Reaction score
Haha exactly....same with me, made it through a brutal minnesota winter last year on the dueler hl's. Excited to try these RG'S

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I've also heard good things about the Nittos - last year I also had the Duelers

Tilter

Reaction score
My point was that there were lots of forums, videos, etc - that was just one of them.

MFALRAM

Reaction score
Well they came in!!! Getting them done on Monday. Can’t wait to try these tires out in the snow see how they handle.

MFALRAM

Reaction score
Oh Man!!! They are on and so far I love them!!! Love the look of them , they are not as loud As I thought they would be so that’s a plus. Next is to try them out in some nasty winter roads. They do rub at full turn backing up but that’s what everyone said anyways. I will fix that problem whenever bilstein gets their crap together and makes those 5100 shocks for our rams. Not a spacer guy to level a truck. I’m glad I got the ridge grapplers. At least now I can get up those back trails to my hunting spots so I don’t have to walk as far.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh Man!!! They are on and so far I love them!!! Love the look of them , they are not as loud As I thought they would be so that’s a plus. Next is to try them out in some nasty winter roads. They do rub at full turn backing up but that’s what everyone said anyways. I will fix that problem whenever bilstein gets their crap together and makes those 5100 shocks for our rams. Not a spacer guy to level a truck. I’m glad I got the ridge grapplers. At least now I can get up those back trails to my hunting spots so I don’t have to walk as far.
Yeah I've had mine on for about a month and only had them rub 2 times

Interested in the Bilstein shocks too

Txy

Reaction score
We had some pretty light snow last week in MN and I was sliding around pretty good with these tires. A little disappointed, but I did air them down to 35 psi and they seemed to be doing a lot better. I dont know if it was all in my head because I want to like these tires so bad, or it actually improved the handling in the snow. Will have to wait and see when it snows next time. Discount tire said they would swap them out for a different set of tires if they dont work out.

Grunkster

Reaction score
Yea discount tire is AWESOME. I wasn't digging the hum and tried psi from 32-40 could not get rid of it...stopped in to discuss and the manager says "no problem why not try something else"?! So got a full refund and was going to go with K02 but last minute decided on Cooper AT3 4S. Couldn't be happier PLUS put $250 back in my pocket!!

Users who are viewing this thread