5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at 285/60/20 Nitto ridge grapplers need help with decision

MFALRAM

Reaction score
I want an A/T tire. I’m Looking at nitto ridge grapplers before winter hits in New York. Need help because I love the look of tire but I would like to know how they wear and if anybody knows how they are in the snow? Any help would be great. Thanks

Tilter

Reaction score
I don't have them but just about everyone on this site seems to love them. I've read good feedback as far as just about everything goes, even snow. Have not read anyone compare them to a dedicated snow tire.

rah6887

Reaction score
Had them on my previous truck, (ram 2500), they held up very well, and was extremely quiet after 10k, highly recommend.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want an A/T tire. I’m Looking at nitto ridge grapplers before winter hits in New York. Need help because I love the look of tire but I would like to know how they wear and if anybody knows how they are in the snow? Any help would be great. Thanks
Just ordered this exact size yesterday. Im in NY too

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love these tires. See my sig for details. Pics.

Attachments

• Nitto Ridge Grappler 6.jpg
    Nitto Ridge Grappler 6.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 344
  • Nitto Ridge Grappler 7.jpg
    Nitto Ridge Grappler 7.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 359
  • Nitto Ridge Grappler 8.jpg
    Nitto Ridge Grappler 8.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 340

RamSco

Reaction score
Haven’t had mine long enough to comment on wear but I’ve done a pretty brutal winter drive in Montana recently and the tires performed really well. Sheet ice up and down 7% grades and no issues.

MFALRAM

Reaction score
Haven’t had mine long enough to comment on wear but I’ve done a pretty brutal winter drive in Montana recently and the tires performed really well. Sheet ice up and down 7% grades and no issues.
Nice!! Thanks for the feedback!! Was really looking for someone to let me know how they are in some bad snowstorms.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine showed up today - should have them installed soon - once I get the level done.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wondering what everyone with 285/60R20 Ridge Grapplers are filling them to? Shop filled them to 39 all around when I had them installed. Thinking they just did the same thing as what I had the falkens at beforehand.

Grunkster

Reaction score
Curious about why so many go to a 285/60/20 with these and ko2. I was gonna go 275/60/20 but fill me in!! My frugal side is speaking here too...

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I didnt level either - havent experienced any rub yet but I am going to trim a few small spots that it looks like itd hit at full lock

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Well that works out well, glad to see folks are getting deals on these.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found a site that doesn't charge tax, gave free shipping and a 5% discount. I think I paid $1,284 for all four Nitto tires (285/60R20) total - which was the best deal I found online and I looked at a lot of places.

Users who are viewing this thread