5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longhorn interior care

Mccanj

Reaction score
New to the longhorn trim here, would like to know everyone’s thoughts on how to clean the leather. Not sure what to use, dealer says Mopar cleaning products. I’ve always been a fan of meguiars but not sure if that will cause any harm? Let me know what you guys are using.
Also has anyone heard of F11 exterior detailer or used it? Read great things about it to achieve a mirror finish with minimal washing needed after applying.
Thanks!!

NordicNevs

Reaction score
e9291b3aff2396d0294dc5e29ff50cc6.jpg

I use this and I am VERY happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Thanks! I was actually just looking this stuff up. Some great reviews on it!

I have really liked it and use it a couple times a month. Even in the Southwest sun it’s keeping hydrated.

Michael_D

Reaction score
New to the longhorn trim here, would like to know everyone’s thoughts on how to clean the leather. Not sure what to use, dealer says Mopar cleaning products. I’ve always been a fan of meguiars but not sure if that will cause any harm? Let me know what you guys are using.
Also has anyone heard of F11 exterior detailer or used it? Read great things about it to achieve a mirror finish with minimal washing needed after applying.
Thanks!!

I've used Meguiars over the past few months. Only because I already had it..... Seems to work just fine. I believe the tag that came attached to the seats from the factory instructed to use soapy water? I do not recall what kind of soap though.

Mccanj

Reaction score
I've used Meguiars over the past few months. Only because I already had it..... Seems to work just fine. I believe the tag that came attached to the seats from the factory instructed to use soapy water? I do not recall what kind of soap though.
Ya it didn’t specify what kind of soap I’m sure... just wasn’t too comfortable using soap and water. Even tho it would just be damp. I’d rather use a product I know will work

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ya it didn’t specify what kind of soap I’m sure... just wasn’t too comfortable using soap and water. Even tho it would just be damp. I’d rather use a product I know will work
I’ve used saddle soap on past trucks (e.g. Bick 4). But on this truck, I’ve mostly used Meguiars interior and leather wipes thus far. I prefer the interior wipes, even for the leather, as they appear to leave no residue. They are very mild and can be used on just about anything, which is a bonus. The leather wipes appear to condition the leather a bit, which is not the case with the interior cleaner.

FWIW, I use Griot’s Garage vinyl & rubber dressing on the floor mats and other rubber parts.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Chemical cleaner and conditioner coat on the dash again today.
e7ec6580bdefe63e9c5be83b96b6ca6b.jpg

Love this stuff

MattF

Reaction score
Google "Leather Masters" - I've been using their products on my Porsche's for years and now on my Ram - no affiliation

Look at Bead Maker for a slick long lasting top coat - no affiliation

Best

Matt

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Chemical cleaner and conditioner coat on the dash again today.
e7ec6580bdefe63e9c5be83b96b6ca6b.jpg

Love this stuff

Seeing that streaky area between your instrument cluster and center console...that kind of thing would drive me nuts ;)

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Seeing that streaky area between your instrument cluster and center console...that kind of thing would drive me nuts ;)

I saw that too after I took the picture.

It was fixed immediately lol

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Meguiar's is just fine.. been using it on my Limited since Oct... no issues.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dawn and hot water seem to be keeping mine very clean and the leather still smells new. 7,500 miles.

Fidomac

Reaction score
Thanks!!
I would be careful with using ordinary over-the-counter consumer products .....i cleaned a small area on the back of my limited seat and it's softened the leather and not in a good way...The original leather was thick, stiff and had a glaze effect on it that I thought would be very durable.... now the area I cleaned is soft and rubbery almost like it's had silicone applied.... I wonder if there was a top coat which the product has now removed

Users who are viewing this thread