5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long navigation route times

JacobKelley1495

Reaction score
Hey guy I’m brand new to the site so I’m sorry if I screw something up. I tried finding a discussion on this but couldn’t find it. I just bought a 2020 1500 Laramie with the Uconnect 12 last week. First ram and I love it. However I’m going on a trip from Ohio to South Carolina in two weeks and my rams gps says it will be 13 hours. My iPhone says 11.5 hours. I want to use the Rams nav since it is so much bigger to look at but even with the alternative routes it’s over 13 hours. Is there a nav update I’m missing or something? It just seems weird they aren’t the same route. Or is this a common issue?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Hey guy I’m brand new to the site so I’m sorry if I screw something up. I tried finding a discussion on this but couldn’t find it. I just bought a 2020 1500 Laramie with the Uconnect 12 last week. First ram and I love it. However I’m going on a trip from Ohio to South Carolina in two weeks and my rams gps says it will be 13 hours. My iPhone says 11.5 hours. I want to use the Rams nav since it is so much bigger to look at but even with the alternative routes it’s over 13 hours. Is there a nav update I’m missing or something? It just seems weird they aren’t the same route. Or is this a common issue?
It might be time of day. Your truck thinks you're leaving now, and if there are traffic snarks anywhere along the route, it will try to go around.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI

JacobKelley1495

Reaction score
FYI
Thank you I knew there would be something on this!

mtvrwe2003

Reaction score
Use car your CarPlay and the Waze app it’s so much better. It doesn’t use the whole screen like the factory Navi but it’s a nice app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Use car your CarPlay and the Waze app it’s so much better. It doesn’t use the whole screen like the factory Navi but it’s a nice app.

X1000...do yourself the favor of using Waze.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I've used the built-in nav extensively w/o any issues. I still have Waze fired up in the background via CarPlay for police radar though, but the stock nav unit has been spot on for me.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've used the built-in nav extensively w/o any issues. I still have Waze fired up in the background via CarPlay for police radar though, but the stock nav unit has been spot on for me.

Does the built-in do route changes based on accidents/etc?

Users who are viewing this thread