5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locking Gas Cap

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Yes...not good news. They basically said no they won't make a locking gas cap and doesn't know anyone that does.... left it at that. Didn't have any other insights about it. I know there's that one company that supposedly sells them for the DT models for around $60...might just have to try that.
Yea Genos garage, but man no ones trying to be th first to buy it lol

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea Genos garage, but man no ones trying to be th first to buy it lol
Not true. I purchased one in early 2020 from Geno’s when they first came out with them. It has performed flawlessly from day one...and worth every penny with as many teens running around in my neighborhood pulling stupid pranks. Cheap insurance...

P.S. I’ve purchased from Geno’s going back to my 2001 Ram 2500 CTD HO. They sell quality parts which are maybe not the cheapest but they last.

Last edited:

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
One does NOT need a siphon to contaminate a fuel tank via the unlocked fuel cap/door feature.
Lots of folks running around late evening with nothin constructive to do with their time.

….just sayin.
That's really my concern. Yea, I'll be pissed if I'm missing fuel and have to go back sooner than expected, but I'll be way more pissed and perplexed if my truck starts running funny or weird and come to find out someone put sugar or water in my tank

DivingOtter

Reaction score
Ok maybe I'm just malicious, but I'd leave a partly full Jerry can with gas and sugar in the bed for someone to steal if theft is the neighborhood is an issue... Not a lot of sugar, maybe quarter to half a cup....

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only reason we use them is because we had a couple of asses that were sticking hoses into the fuel tank, turning on the water and running off to the next house to do the same thing. They finally caught the fools (a couple of teenagers with a death wish) but not before they filled fuel tanks full of water on over a dozen vehicles.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
The only reason we use them is because we had a couple of asses that were sticking hoses into the fuel tank, turning on the water and running off to the next house to do the same thing. They finally caught the fools (a couple of teenagers with a death wish) but not before they filled fuel tanks full of water on over a dozen vehicles.
Oh no, water in the tank?! Sugar in the tank a a silly stupid prank. Water in the tank is some serious damage

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a car lot, jerks stopped bothering to siphon the fuel... these days they just drill a hole in the plastic fuel tank and take what they need from underneath. When they have what they want they just leave the rest to drain out onto the ground. Talk about an expensive mess!

Reaction score
I just went on their site, but it says it's not for 2021 1500 sadly. Kind of weird as I thought 19, 20, and 21 were the same models.

"This will also not fit 2021 and newer models"
I have no idea if it would, but if the fuel neck is the same, it should. Maybe contact them directly as their customer service and response rate is amazing.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It will work for 2021 models. I bought one and installed it on my 2021 Limited last week. I have no idea why it says they're not for 2021 models, but you can ignore that disclaimer. It will definitely work.

Knight.

Reaction score
I have no idea if it would, but if the fuel neck is the same, it should. Maybe contact them directly as their customer service and response rate is amazing.
Their customer got back to me with this reply.....

"Thank you for contacting us. We do plan to offer a fuel cap for the 2021 Ram
Gas trucks. We are currently testing our prototype and hope to have them in
production by the end of the year if not sooner."

When i inquired that the 19, 20 and 21 models were the same i got this...

"Very similar trucks but they changed the fuel filler necks for the 2021 models."

I guess i'll wait and see what they release if i don't see anything else for this.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Their customer got back to me with this reply.....

"Thank you for contacting us. We do plan to offer a fuel cap for the 2021 Ram
Gas trucks. We are currently testing our prototype and hope to have them in

production by the end of the year if not sooner."

When i inquired that the 19, 20 and 21 models were the same i got this...

"Very similar trucks but they changed the fuel filler necks for the 2021 models."

I guess i'll wait and see what they release if i don't see anything else for this.
Maybe you missed my post? It fits and locks onto my 2021 fuel filler neck exactly the same as it fits on my wife's 2020 fuel filler neck.

wrs22

Reaction score
$70 for peace of mind. Well engineered. View attachment 98373
Thanks for posting this photo....I was wondering how they attach...so do you use the wrench looking tool to unlock and then slide it to the other end of the notch and pull it off? I'm still unclear how to install and remove this cap? I'd appreciate any guidance you can provide before I purchase one. I have a '20 1500 by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread