5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locking Gas Cap

Gregory.wall

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted.
We have had some recent gas siphoning going on in my neighborhood.

Anyone know where to order a locking gas cap for the 2019 RAM bighorn new body?

I looked on the Mopar website but didn’t have any luck. Thanks in advance everyone.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought our capless tanks were resistant to siphoning?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can still open the fuel access door after locking the truck. Now I don’t have a gas cap to unscrew, can people still access the fuel with a hose?
A regular syphon will not work due to the design. That is why Ram includes a special funnel for emergency filling.

DaYooper

Reaction score
It is disappointing RAM didn't make the fuel door have an electronic release button inside like many other high-end FCA vehicles.
They need to have something to get you to upgrade to next years model.

John813

Reaction score
It is disappointing RAM didn't make the fuel door have an electronic release button inside like many other high-end FCA vehicles.

Yea, my wifes Durango R/T has it.
Was surprised RAM didn't offer it.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Lots of Corvette owners disable (me included) the gas door lock because when it fails, and they do, you have to pull the rear wheel and wheelwell liner to get to it or possibly break the gas door trying to open it. My Corvette now opens like the Ram.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lots of Corvette owners disable (me included) the gas door lock because when it fails, and they do, you have to pull the rear wheel and wheelwell liner to get to it or possibly break the gas door trying to open it. My Corvette now opens like the Ram.
Sounds like a **** design. I'm pretty sure FCA builds release cables in easier to access places than that.

RamSportDT

Reaction score
One does NOT need a siphon to contaminate a fuel tank via the unlocked fuel cap/door feature.
Lots of folks running around late evening with nothin constructive to do with their time.

….just sayin.
Doesn't the alarm go off if the fuel door is opened after locking the truck? My 2011 Sierra's alarm would go off if you opened the fuel door when the truck was locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/