5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locking Doors

Ram_man

Reaction score
Just found out how to lock the doors when the key FOB is inside. I go fishing a lot and due not like have the key FOB on me. If it gets wet it's all over. I separated the key from the FOB and auto locked with the FOB in the cab, but the doors soon unlock on their own. I tried the same but used the switch on the door panel and the same thing happened. Then I just manually locked the doors by way of the button at the window and it stayed locked. Did not find anything in the owner manual about his procedure.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
c1hHfeB.jpg

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found out that a beagle can lock your doors if you leave the key fob with him in the vehicle, making for an embarrassing call to AAA. Oh, and I did try to get him to step on the unlock button for about fifteen minutes before calling.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to keep a spare key under my cars. I used a screw clamp (standard slotted, so I could use a dime or anything straight to loosen the clamp).

And, I slobbered grease all over the key.

That did a couple of things: it kept the key/screw clamp from corroding, and it kept me from using the damn key unless it was really, really, really needed.

I may do that with my truck. I realize the key won't start the vehicle, but it'd be there to let me unlock it should I inadvertently lock the fob in the cab.

Quint

Reaction score
I go fishing a lot and due not like have the key FOB on me. If it gets wet it's all over.
I go fishing a lot too, and can only access my cabin by boat during the open water season. I also do a lot of canoe camping in the Boundary Waters. I always put my key fob in a ziplock bag and then a dry bag. Then I don't have to try locking my FOB in the truck.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I go fishing a lot too, and can only access my cabin by boat during the open water season. I also do a lot of canoe camping in the Boundary Waters. I always put my key fob in a ziplock bag and then a dry bag. Then I don't have to try locking my FOB in the truck.
Dammit man, you know we're gonna have to kick you off this site for making too much sense :)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I put mine in a small Pelican dry box when we go on our river floats, along with my wallet. Never had an issue with doing that.

Quint

Reaction score
I put mine in a small Pelican dry box when we go on our river floats, along with my wallet. Never had an issue with doing that.
Years ago my wife went on a bachelorette float down a river. She took my first ever point-and-shoot digital camera. I bought a Pelican case for it. She brought it back after the trip and it was soaked. Apparently I didn't tell her to close the latch all of the way. :D

Users who are viewing this thread