5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock in Incentives & Rebates on Factory Orders

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am new to this site. I ordered Ram 1500 Built to Serve edition in March 2021 and take delivery tomorrow June 25th. I just found out about the incentives protection plan, it was not explained by Rutland VT dealer. I am wondering if it can be applied at delivery as I have a signed order and paid $5k deposit. I will be losing about $3k in incentives from 3 months ago.

I'm going to say not very likely at all, but it never hurts to try! Either way congratulations on your new truck and now you know for the future!

woodey

Reaction score
I am new to this site. I ordered Ram 1500 Built to Serve edition in March 2021 and take delivery tomorrow June 25th. I just found out about the incentives protection plan, it was not explained by Rutland VT dealer. I am wondering if it can be applied at delivery as I have a signed order and paid $5k deposit. I will be losing about $3k in incentives from 3 months ago.
I put a $500.00 deposit and signed a purchase agreement on my BTS in March (truck was in transit) and could still get the incentives for March or any month following. The truck came in April and I took the March incentives, $3000.00 customer cash and 0% for 72 months. Good luck.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if those incentives work for orders placed for next year models. Because for example, incentives on 2021 models, but any new orders place are for 2022 models.

Lastly, right now it's slim pickings for us shoppers, so dealers can actually skip the incentives, and will ask to pay msrp or higher.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this thread back in April when I ordered my truck. I can't remember if my dealer locked in the incentives or not. Right now, it doesn't look like there will be anything in July like there was in April, as far as incentives go. If I didn't get locked in, I will be sure to show my dealer the info that Silent Bob posted.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone know if we are able to lock the current incentives on the 2022 orders?
only incentives I see are for 2021 models. I don't see anything for 2022 models. So I don't know what incentives dealers are using right now for orders. Only thing I have right now is affiliate pricing, so I would love to know if there is anything to use for a 2022 order.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered today, sales guy said there are no incentives for 22MY ram 1500's right now. I have also looked, and can't find any...for my area anyway.

Big Tup

Reaction score
Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection

We have factory confirmation that you can definitely lock in most current factory incentives, including Chrysler Capital special financing, on factory orders. Some salesman may not know this but it is a Chrysler (FCA) program. It does require some paperwork be done by the dealership. When your truck arrives you can take whatever is better. Either the incentives from the month you ordered or the month you truck arrives. You can not mix and match however. Keep in mind that your dealer must fill out the proper paperwork to lock in, some don't like the extra work.

View attachment 84731

This program has been around for some time. Here is an old 2017 post from a dealer on a Jeep forum. Once again though, I have current confirmation of incentive protection.

Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection
This program protection may be available when a vehicle is sold or ordered for a customer during an incentive program and that program has expired by the time the vehicle is physically delivered. This protection is available unless stated otherwise in the Official Program Rules. A claim for sold order consumer incentive protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order, during the program period, which details the agreed upon selling price, and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts, at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from in-transit dealer stock, and delivered to the original customer
Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (known as X date)
Must be delivered to the customer for whom the order was placed and at the originally agreed upon price at the time of order
All consumer incentives must be documented as being passed on to the customer on the buyer’s order as described in the Required Incentive Disclosure/Documentation Section
If the vehicle is delivered after the end date of the eligible program, the customer will have the choice of either the consumer programs available at the time of customer order or consumer programs at the time of vehicle delivery, but not both
The qualification date is the date the dealership and customer agree on the purchase or lease of a vehicle. The purchase/lease terms, conditions, and price of the vehicle must be clearly documented via a completed signed buyer’s order and proof of deposit/payment on the date of sale. This date can override the delivery date for incentive payment. This date protects the customer and/or dealership for any eligible incentives available at the time of sale (excluding objective-based and stair step programs). Qualification Date is also known as Sale Date
Incentive Protection claims are made by entering the Program ID and Qualification Date (in addition to delivery date) on the Exception Claim screen found via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"

Price Protection
Price Protection is available on sold orders to protect the customer from price increases which occur between the vehicle order date and the KZ (invoice) date. A claim for Price Protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order which details the agreed upon selling price at the time of order and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from dealer stock orders not yet invoiced, and delivered to the original customer

Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (KZX date)
Must be delivered to the customer whose name is on the factory order and subsequent factory invoice at the documented agreed upon price at time of order
You must claim Price Protection by inserting the price protection program number on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when reporting the sale. Program numbers are in the Pricing Announcements and stored in DealerCONNECT eFiles under Sales.
Price Protection claims are made via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"

Rebate vs. lower interest: Which car incentive is right for you? LINK

Why Invoice is the New MSRP LINK

The Best Time to Buy Your Ram
This link has advice on when you are likely to get the best price on your new truck. LINK

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

As I read through this protection claim, it is a very nice option. However, this does NOT appear to me as a "price protection", instead, this is a "incentive protection". This protection claim allows you to take advantage of the best "incentives" available (rewards, rebates, cash back, etc), either at time of order at time of delivery. What I do NOT see in this Protection Claim is that you are protected from manufacturer price increases. Example: If the base price of the truck when you ordered it is $62,000 and so much time has passed before delivery of your truck that Ram increases base price of truck to $63,000, upon delivery you may have to pay the additional $1000 increase in price. This Protection Claim protects you to capitalize on the best incentives, and does not include price increases.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered today, sales guy said there are no incentives for 22MY ram 1500's right now. I have also looked, and can't find any...for my area anyway.
I would not always take the salesman's word as gospel. They may want you to buy from them but they definitely want the highest profit possible.

Have you checked www.ramtrucks.com?

They are showing factory incentives for 2022 1500s. Typing in a random Michigan (Ann Arbor) zip code gives me this:

Offer.jpg

It differs depending on zip code but typing in my zip code in CA shows 3 offers as well. I recommend you try your zip code and see if any offers fall in line with your purchase plan.

Definitely check the offer breakdowns. There are some specific wickets to max out the discount.

Users who are viewing this thread