5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock in Incentives & Rebates on Factory Orders

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection

We have factory confirmation that you can definitely lock in most current factory incentives, including Chrysler Capital special financing, on factory orders. Some salesman may not know this but it is a Chrysler (FCA) program. It does require some paperwork be done by the dealership. When your truck arrives you can take whatever is better. Either the incentives from the month you ordered or the month you truck arrives. You can not mix and match however. Keep in mind that your dealer must fill out the proper paperwork to lock in, some don't like the extra work.

1614974929816.png

This program has been around for some time. Here is an old 2017 post from a dealer on a Jeep forum. Once again though, I have current confirmation of incentive protection.

This program protection may be available when a vehicle is sold or ordered for a customer during an incentive program and that program has expired by the time the vehicle is physically delivered. This protection is available unless stated otherwise in the Official Program Rules. A claim for sold order consumer incentive protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order, during the program period, which details the agreed upon selling price, and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts, at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from in-transit dealer stock, and delivered to the original customer
Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (known as X date)
Must be delivered to the customer for whom the order was placed and at the originally agreed upon price at the time of order
All consumer incentives must be documented as being passed on to the customer on the buyer’s order as described in the Required Incentive Disclosure/Documentation Section
If the vehicle is delivered after the end date of the eligible program, the customer will have the choice of either the consumer programs available at the time of customer order or consumer programs at the time of vehicle delivery, but not both
The qualification date is the date the dealership and customer agree on the purchase or lease of a vehicle. The purchase/lease terms, conditions, and price of the vehicle must be clearly documented via a completed signed buyer’s order and proof of deposit/payment on the date of sale. This date can override the delivery date for incentive payment. This date protects the customer and/or dealership for any eligible incentives available at the time of sale (excluding objective-based and stair step programs). Qualification Date is also known as Sale Date
Incentive Protection claims are made by entering the Program ID and Qualification Date (in addition to delivery date) on the Exception Claim screen found via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"

Price Protection
Price Protection is available on sold orders to protect the customer from price increases which occur between the vehicle order date and the KZ (invoice) date. A claim for Price Protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order which details the agreed upon selling price at the time of order and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from dealer stock orders not yet invoiced, and delivered to the original customer

Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (KZX date)
Must be delivered to the customer whose name is on the factory order and subsequent factory invoice at the documented agreed upon price at time of order
You must claim Price Protection by inserting the price protection program number on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when reporting the sale. Program numbers are in the Pricing Announcements and stored in DealerCONNECT eFiles under Sales.
Price Protection claims are made via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"

Rebate vs. lower interest: Which car incentive is right for you? LINK

Why Invoice is the New MSRP LINK

The Best Time to Buy Your Ram
This link has advice on when you are likely to get the best price on your new truck. LINK

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

Last edited:

Nova90

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great information.

As you mentioned, some dealers will & some will not honor this unfortunately. Craig Benner at Koons will not. Carl from Criswell says it's only valid on rebates and not 0% financing using the explanation that your credit score could change in the 2 months to delivery. I don't think the current FCA 0% financing even mentions anything about a certain credit score for eligibility.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great information.

As you mentioned, some dealers will & some will not honor this unfortunately. Craig Benner at Koons will not. Carl from Criswell says it's only valid on rebates and not 0% financing using the explanation that your credit score could change in the 2 months to delivery. I don't think the current FCA 0% financing even mentions anything about a certain credit score for eligibility.
Most special financing promotions can be locked in. You would still have to qualify for the financing at the time of purchase.

Last edited:

Cupped_up

Reaction score
I just ordered a truck and placed my refundable deposit on it. Dealer stated he could NOT lock in current incentives. Do you think if I called/emailed this to him, he would honor this? I could always mention to cancel my order if not and see what he says?

Nova90

Reaction score
I just ordered a truck and placed my refundable deposit on it. Dealer stated he could NOT lock in current incentives. Do you think if I called/emailed this to him, he would honor this? I could always mention to cancel my order if not and see what he says?
I guess it doesn't hurt to try. It appears to be purely up to the dealer as to whether or not they care to complete the paperwork. Personally, I would move on from a dealer that didn't want to provide this valuable service to you the consumer.

Cupped_up

Reaction score
Where was this article/policy from? Do you have a link or an actual email screenshot that proves it’s from FCA? I’d like to print it out and show it to my local dealer who I just ordered from yesterday and I’d like to have proof it’s from fca so he can’t argue that he can’t find it?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where was this article/policy from? Do you have a link or an actual email screenshot that proves it’s from FCA? I’d like to print it out and show it to my local dealer who I just ordered from yesterday and I’d like to have proof it’s from fca so he can’t argue that he can’t find it?

@Silent Bob would know best.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

It is all at the top of this page. I have had it personally confirmed by multiple dealers. You could also try and get confirmation from FCA Incentives. Their number can be found in the link in my signature.

Cupped_up

Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with the US incentive number @Silent Bob posted in his thread. I asked about incentive protection and she told me yes, you can lock in the incentives at the time or order, however, you can only lock in the “sold order” incentives. I believe my dealer showed me roughly 5 rebates/incentives that I qualify for, however, she was only to locate 2 incentives that were “sold order incentives”. Those can be locked in, the others are not.
Does this sound right? Or are you guys getting all incentives locked in?

Brada

Reaction score

We have factory confirmation that you can definitely lock in most current incentives, including Chrysler Capital special financing, on factory orders. Some salesman may not know this but it is a Chrysler (FCA) program. It does require some paperwork be done by the dealership. When your truck arrives you can take whatever is better. Either the incentives from the month you ordered or the month you truck arrives. You can not mix and match however. Keep in mind that your dealer must fill out the proper paperwork to lock in, some don't like the extra work.

View attachment 84731

This program has been around for some time. Here is an old 2017 post from a dealer on a Jeep forum. Once again though, I have current confirmation of incentive protection.

This program protection may be available when a vehicle is sold or ordered for a customer during an incentive program and that program has expired by the time the vehicle is physically delivered. This protection is available unless stated otherwise in the Official Program Rules. A claim for sold order consumer incentive protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order, during the program period, which details the agreed upon selling price, and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts, at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from in-transit dealer stock, and delivered to the original customer
Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (known as X date)
Must be delivered to the customer for whom the order was placed and at the originally agreed upon price at the time of order
All consumer incentives must be documented as being passed on to the customer on the buyer’s order as described in the Required Incentive Disclosure/Documentation Section
If the vehicle is delivered after the end date of the eligible program, the customer will have the choice of either the consumer programs available at the time of customer order or consumer programs at the time of vehicle delivery, but not both
The qualification date is the date the dealership and customer agree on the purchase or lease of a vehicle. The purchase/lease terms, conditions, and price of the vehicle must be clearly documented via a completed signed buyer’s order and proof of deposit/payment on the date of sale. This date can override the delivery date for incentive payment. This date protects the customer and/or dealership for any eligible incentives available at the time of sale (excluding objective-based and stair step programs). Qualification Date is also known as Sale Date
Incentive Protection claims are made by entering the Program ID and Qualification Date (in addition to delivery date) on the Exception Claim screen found via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"

Price Protection
Price Protection is available on sold orders to protect the customer from price increases which occur between the vehicle order date and the KZ (invoice) date. A claim for Price Protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order which details the agreed upon selling price at the time of order and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from dealer stock orders not yet invoiced, and delivered to the original customer

Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (KZX date)
Must be delivered to the customer whose name is on the factory order and subsequent factory invoice at the documented agreed upon price at time of order
You must claim Price Protection by inserting the price protection program number on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when reporting the sale. Program numbers are in the Pricing Announcements and stored in DealerCONNECT eFiles under Sales.
Price Protection claims are made via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"

This link has advice on when you are likely to get the best price on your new truck. LINK

So they can lock in 0% and $4000 incentive(current deal here in Mich) on an order?
Dealers I spoke with say national rebates and incentives are price protected but not 0%

Silent Bob

Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with the US incentive number @Silent Bob posted in his thread. I asked about incentive protection and she told me yes, you can lock in the incentives at the time or order, however, you can only lock in the “sold order” incentives. I believe my dealer showed me roughly 5 rebates/incentives that I qualify for, however, she was only to locate 2 incentives that were “sold order incentives”. Those can be locked in, the others are not.

I think it is mostly for incentives found at the ramtrucks.com website here https://www.ramtrucks.com/lineup.incentives.html?app=incentives

I also would be curious if other incentives could be locked in. I know people have had expiring certificates extended before by calling.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
So they can lock in 0% and $4000 incentive(current deal here in Mich) on an order?
Dealers I spoke with say national rebates and incentives are price protected but not 0%
Phillip and Aaron have both confirmed locking in Chrysler Capital special financing. You would lock in the promotion but would still have to qualify for the rate when the truck arrives.

Akrkwk310

Reaction score
Phillip and Aaron have both confirmed locking in Chrysler Capital special financing. You would lock in the promotion but would still have to qualify for the rate when the truck arrives.

thank you for the great info!!
I have a question
Will i be able to lock in the regional incentive that is currently offered within the zip code where I live if i am ordering a car with a dealership that is located out of state??

thank you

Nova90

Reaction score
I have a question
Will i be able to lock in the regional incentive that is currently offered within the zip code where I live if i am ordering a car with a dealership that is located out of state??

thank you
It is based on where you live and will register the vehicle

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I have a question

thank you
It is based on where you live and will register the vehicle
Nova90 is correct.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What is the number? I looked in Bob's thread and didn't find it listed.

I have a dealer that last week said it was APR or incentives. This week he is saying they will only lock incentives. I showed them the thread that talks about the program and he said it was "misleading." I say he is BSing me.

Edit:
The Incentives phone number is: 1-800-227-0757. I called the main customer service number and got it from there.

They looked up the 0% for 72 months incentive on 1500 Limited based on my zip code. The code is 20AM1C. They said that in their system it does say that this program/incentive can be "sold order" protected. The $500 Chrysler Capital code 20CM5 that goes concurrent with 20AM1C can also be sold order protected, they said.

Last edited:

KBauer

Reaction score
What is the number? I looked in Bob's thread and didn't find it listed.

I have a dealer that last week said it was APR or incentives. This week he is saying they will only lock incentives. I showed them the thread that talks about the program and he said it was "misleading." I say he is BSing me.

Edit:
The Incentives phone number is: 1-800-227-0757. I called the main customer service number and got it from there.

They looked up the 0% for 72 months incentive on 1500 Limited based on my zip code. The code is 20AM1C. They said that in their system it does say that this program/incentive can be "sold order" protected. The $500 Chrysler Capital code 20CM5 that goes concurrent with 20AM1C can also be sold order protected, they said.
did the you or the dealer have to do anything to get the 0%? my dealer said they are not allowed by fca to "sell" a truck that is not built yet so im wobdering if i can still qualify for incentives the month i ordered and not delivered. i did put a deposit diwn

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did the you or the dealer have to do anything to get the 0%? my dealer said they are not allowed by fca to "sell" a truck that is not built yet so im wobdering if i can still qualify for incentives the month i ordered and not delivered. i did put a deposit diwn
I told my dealer the exact FCA program codes (in post above that you quoted) that the incentives line said could be sold order protected and he just had to check a box or two while ordering to lock in the incentives. Then you get the better of at time of order or delivery.

But I may have to choose between 0% for 72 or a lower price due to extra discounts I qualify for. See this post...

Post in thread 'Order Tracking' https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/order-tracking.312/post-460646

pohat

Reaction score

We have factory confirmation that you can definitely lock in most current factory incentives, including Chrysler Capital special financing, on factory orders. Some salesman may not know this but it is a Chrysler (FCA) program. It does require some paperwork be done by the dealership. When your truck arrives you can take whatever is better. Either the incentives from the month you ordered or the month you truck arrives. You can not mix and match however. Keep in mind that your dealer must fill out the proper paperwork to lock in, some don't like the extra work.

View attachment 84731

Price Protection

I am new to this site. I ordered Ram 1500 Built to Serve edition in March 2021 and take delivery tomorrow June 25th. I just found out about the incentives protection plan, it was not explained by Rutland VT dealer. I am wondering if it can be applied at delivery as I have a signed order and paid $5k deposit. I will be losing about $3k in incentives from 3 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread