5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locations in Kentucky to get off pavement?

yaksushi

Reaction score
I know there are a couple of off road parks in KY but was hoping to find some locations like we had in Washington (logging roads etc). I don't want to do any hard core rock crawling just take the truck in the mud mountains etc. Hopefully some of you in the area know of some locations to go. Thanks in advance!

TheGoogleNinja

Reaction score
East coast is hard for that kind of thing. Everything is privately owned vs Forest service/BLM out west. Lots of dirt roads but I think the things us west coasters are used to just aren't available out there. We're considering a move that direction and this has been a small concern of mine. I've lived out west my whole life so I'm used to public lands.

yaksushi

Reaction score
East coast is hard for that kind of thing. Everything is privately owned vs Forest service/BLM out west. Lots of dirt roads but I think the things us west coasters are used to just aren't available out there. We're considering a move that direction and this has been a small concern of mine. I've lived out west my whole life so I'm used to public lands.
100% I miss being able to just drive up into the mountains on random logging roads etc.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Blue Holler is close to you and has lots of mild trails that are dirt and some mud. I was there this summer and it would be a blast in a pickup or Jeep.

Turkey Bay OHV area is also great for trucks, and LBL has many fire roads that are accessible to the public for driving and camping as well.

There used to be an awesome set of trails near Rough River area, but word has it that those have been purchased by a private owner now. I'm not sure.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Blue Holler is close to you and has lots of mild trails that are dirt and some mud. I was there this summer and it would be a blast in a pickup or Jeep.

Turkey Bay OHV area is also great for trucks, and LBL has many fire roads that are accessible to the public for driving and camping as well.

There used to be an awesome set of trails near Rough River area, but word has it that those have been purchased by a private owner now. I'm not sure.
Just realized Turkey Bay is about 10 minutes from where my parents keep their boat and 45 minutes from their house. Just texted my dad that we need to go there one weekend instead of to the boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/