5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location Based Wireless Android Auto issue

thomasshawn

Reaction score
I have a Traffic light near my work that when I am stopped I lose connection with Android Auto. It is unique and reproducible. As soon as I pull up to the light and stop. I lose connection to my android Auto and within 50ft of leaving the intersection it reconnects. No other locations in town impact it.
There is one stretch of highway near me in North Texas that it happens there as well for about 7 or 8 miles then it returns.

I can't make sense of this but as I said it is unique in that I don't have this issue any other time or any other locations and is 100% reproducible in that every time I cross those lines it happens and as soon as I leave it returns.
My music and waze disappear and I get "the wireless connection with your device ..." had been lost
Thoughts?

using a galaxy S22 ultra.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
EMI at 2.4 GHz .
2400 – 2500Bluetooth, portable phone, remote controls
Could be a strong WiFi hot spot near the light? As far as the highway, maybe a point to point microwave link causing interference, any TV broadcast stations in the vicinity?

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Traffic light near my work that when I am stopped I lose connection with Android Auto. It is unique and reproducible. As soon as I pull up to the light and stop. I lose connection to my android Auto and within 50ft of leaving the intersection it reconnects. No other locations in town impact it.
There is one stretch of highway near me in North Texas that it happens there as well for about 7 or 8 miles then it returns.

I can't make sense of this but as I said it is unique in that I don't have this issue any other time or any other locations and is 100% reproducible in that every time I cross those lines it happens and as soon as I leave it returns.
My music and waze disappear and I get "the wireless connection with your device ..." had been lost
Thoughts?

using a galaxy S22 ultra.
Case Number: S2108000242 – REV. A Release Date: April 2022
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Wireless Android Auto Or Apple CarPlay Intermittent Operation From Interference
Discussion: Customer may lose wireless projection of Android Auto or Apple CarPlay (AA/CP). Wireless AA/CP audio may become choppy, or wireless AA/CP connection drops out while driving. Customer may notice this issue occurs at a specific location, intersection, or when driving past a business or specific building.
The location of interference may be due to “fixed wireless access”, connecting buildings to the internet. Examples include: universities, gas station chains, strip malls, fire stations. Wireless connections at these locations operate across the 5GHz spectrum, across all channels, and can hog the spectrum. Wi-Fi devices, such as vehicles using wireless AA/CP, passing through this area can experience choppy or frozen Wi-Fi.
Do not replace the radio or display for this concern. This is NOT an indication of a hardware or software issue with the vehicle or radio. This local interference will affect other applications and vehicles operating with Wi-Fi in the area. User phones will connect again wirelessly after the vehicle has left the location of interference. This reconnection may take a minute.
Note: If phone does not reconnect after leaving the area, the user may have to perform a soft reset on the radio to initiate connection. Press and hold the volume/power knob for 10 seconds. Future radio software over-the-air will improve this loss of connection and the need to perform resets due to outside interference.

thomasshawn

Reaction score
Case Number: S2108000242 – REV. A Release Date: April 2022
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Wireless Android Auto Or Apple CarPlay Intermittent Operation From Interference
Discussion: Customer may lose wireless projection of Android Auto or Apple CarPlay (AA/CP). Wireless AA/CP audio may become choppy, or wireless AA/CP connection drops out while driving. Customer may notice this issue occurs at a specific location, intersection, or when driving past a business or specific building.
The location of interference may be due to “fixed wireless access”, connecting buildings to the internet. Examples include: universities, gas station chains, strip malls, fire stations. Wireless connections at these locations operate across the 5GHz spectrum, across all channels, and can hog the spectrum. Wi-Fi devices, such as vehicles using wireless AA/CP, passing through this area can experience choppy or frozen Wi-Fi.
Do not replace the radio or display for this concern. This is NOT an indication of a hardware or software issue with the vehicle or radio. This local interference will affect other applications and vehicles operating with Wi-Fi in the area. User phones will connect again wirelessly after the vehicle has left the location of interference. This reconnection may take a minute.
Note: If phone does not reconnect after leaving the area, the user may have to perform a soft reset on the radio to initiate connection. Press and hold the volume/power knob for 10 seconds. Future radio software over-the-air will improve this loss of connection and the need to perform resets due to outside interference.
Wow Thank you. I'd say that's my issue exactly

Users who are viewing this thread