5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line Out Converter Recommendation for Base 6 Speaker Audio

TexasRedfish115

Reaction score
First time posting, long time reading the 5th Gen Ram forums.

I am looking for recommendations/feedback on different options for line output converters for the 8.4/6-speaker audio system. I am planning to build a subwoofer box and add my 2 10" Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 subs and Pioneer GM-D9601 mono amp from my old truck to the Ram. I have tried to get some feedback from Crutchfield, but wasn't satisfied with their responses. Is a more advanced LOC like a Wavtech Link2, Wavtech LinkDQ, or AudioControl LC2i really necessary for these trucks? Or would something simple like a Kicker KISLOK or Scosche LOC90 2 channel speaker out to RCA converter be sufficient?

My previous truck had a nice Alpine HU, 4 channel Alpine amp for the door speakers and the subs/amp mentioned above, so I realize that I will not be getting the same sound in the new truck, most likely, but I also don't want to be disappointed with my efforts and get a muddy, distorted sound when it's all said and done. Having said this, I am trying to keep the budget down on this install, so I would rather not buy an expensive LOC if there will be minimal improvement over the simpler and cheaper options.

I'm hoping someone has been down this road before or tried different LOC options and can speak to the benefits of one over the other and help me decide what to go with. I have searched through other forums for a while and not found the exact comparative info I was hoping for. I would also appreciate recommendations on where the best place would be to tap the speaker wires for this install.

Thanks in advance for any responses, and I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong subforum.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would search this forum, plenty of people have upgraded the OEM systems, base all the way up to the HK syste,

Users who are viewing this thread