5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited with ram box

Bonersoup

Reaction score
Hey so I just brought my 2022 limited night edition home with bed utility and ram box’s, my 2017 I traded in had a bed extender with the ram gate. Did they forget mine or did they remove that options

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Hey so I just brought my 2022 limited night edition home with bed utility and ram box’s, my 2017 I traded in had a bed extender with the ram gate. Did they forget mine or did they remove that options
Is the divider there? They removed the "twist studs" at the rear of the truck bed to flip it over-at least with the MFT. I can't speak to the non-MFT trucks. I haven't tried to purchase them to see if they will still work or not but I assume they will.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you custom order or buy it off the lot? If off the lot, its possible they removed it and sold it separately, or gave it to another owner whom wanted it. (They may have then forgotten, or it was a different salesman, so not necessarily did it to you on purpose.)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s my understanding that the divider is only included in the bed utility group with Rambox-equipped trucks. Regular beds don’t have it. And for those with the divider, Ram eliminated the bed extender aspect, as it violated some kind of visibility rule regarding the tail lights.
I reserve the right to be wrong…it’s just what I recall reading a while back.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s my understanding that the divider is only included in the bed utility group with Rambox-equipped trucks. Regular beds don’t have it. And for those with the divider, Ram eliminated the bed extender aspect, as it violated some kind of visibility rule regarding the tail lights.
I reserve the right to be wrong…it’s just what I recall reading a while back.
Correct on all points. And those extender pegs can still be “sourced”…part numbers available on old threads.

ericd

Reaction score
Here are the extender pegs. These are the ones I ordered and they work exactly like my old ones.

As far as the divider goes, other users are correct. It now only comes with the BUG on RamBox equipped trucks. If you have ramboxes and the BUG you should've gotten the divider

Donald22

Reaction score
It's my understanding that the bed divider, that comes with the BUG on RamBox equipped beds, does work as a bed extender. There's a video of it somewhere on YouTube.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the bed divider, that comes with the BUG on RamBox equipped beds, does work as a bed extender. There's a video of it somewhere on YouTube.
Not anymore - they modified it. You're probably seeing an older version.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Eighty nailed it above, and there are multiple older threads on this subject. The bed divider/extender used to automatically come with the rambox option on 4th gens. On 5th gens they changed this, and you only got the bed extender with the rambox option only if you also got the bed utility group. Another change for 5th gens is that they stopped installing the pegs to use the bed divider as a bed extender. But the pegs for 4th gens are a direct bolt on for 5th gens. I've installed those on 3 different 5th gens.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Here's some pics with the RamBox bed extender that comes with the BUG and/or the 10th Anniversary Limited Package. I bought the pegs and latches kit from Amazon and it works perfectly.

Wish I had done it on my 2020!!

These are the ones recommended by another user on here but I see now there are alternative options that are cheaper on the 'jungle.

2021-11-10 07.52.46.jpg 2021-11-10 07.52.51.jpg 2021-11-10 07.55.03.jpg 2021-11-10 07.55.16.jpg 2021-11-10 07.55.29.jpg 2021-11-10 07.55.37.jpg 2021-11-10 07.55.53.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread