5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited with optional 22’s premature tire wear.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Dang, I've been keeping mine at 38psi (sticker in the door jamb says 36 psi F/R)... guess I'll just have to let them drop down with the temps. Currently I'm at 5,400 miles (rotated at 5,000), and they looked OK last time I checked.

I'm alright with them wearing fast... like others said, speeds up the replacement time! I loved the Goodyear Wrangler Adventure w/Kevlar A/T tires that were on my F-150, so maybe I'll get a set of those to put on? :D

-John

Shortdustoff

Reaction score
I had the same problem, uneven wear in the middle on all 4 tires (6/32 on outside and inside, about 2/32 in the middle). 18K miles, rotated 4 times. Filed a complaint with Goodyear for premature and uneven wear and got $125 off per tire off a replacement set.
What did you do to get this done with Goodyear? I have 12k on mine and all 4 tires have the outer edge tread is cupping. Rotated at 6 k and 12 k, alignment checked and proper inflation. Started a couple k into owning it new.

Firebird

Reaction score
Mine are wearing great! I do keep them at 36 though

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What did you do to get this done with Goodyear? I have 12k on mine and all 4 tires have the outer edge tread is cupping. Rotated at 6 k and 12 k, alignment checked and proper inflation. Started a couple k into owning it new.

I went to a Goodyear dealer locally, who gave me a corporate number to call. I called them, told them the situation, and they gave me a case number. It's then required to have the Goodyear store inspect the tires (I also had all my service info showing I rotated the tires multiple times. They measured the tire wire and the reviewed the overall condition of the tire. They then call corporate with the case number and tell them what there inspection found .

I then got a call from the Goodyear dealer stating this was now much they Goodyear corporate was giving me of each tire (I already had them getting ready to install a new set). The dealer is required to send that bad set back to Goodyear in order for dealer to get the credit back that they gave you.

I will add that after I got the new tires installed it was better but still some vibration...i took it to another place and had the tires road forced balanced, which made it it much better...i just have the slight vibration in the pedal that most people with the 22s talk about.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Replaced my at 24k. Completely worn out. I put Michelin Defender LTX’s on this time. Much better ride.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Dumped the 22” rims, went with 20” Fuels and installed
LT295/55/20 Ridge Grapplers. I was not pulling my Jeep on my car hauler with those wimpy Goodyear’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67 RT

Reaction score
I’m not even going to bother with any sort of warranty. I don’t see the point of just putting on another set of ****ty tires.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My door sill says 36psi. That’s what I run. I have around 8800 miles and tires are wearing evenly. Rotated at around 7000 mls.

Users who are viewing this thread