5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Drive

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Before I start my message, I should apologize that I never remember to take pictures.

This afternoon I was able to drive a Limited around, had almost everything. But, foremost, that fake wood actually looks good in real life. Secondly the extra leather really classes up the truck over a Laramie. The side steps (automatic) are slow, they kind of annoyed me and my friend, because you are already stepping out of the truck by the time are half deployed. We are both near 30 years old. The air suspension was okay. It did not feel that much better than the coil springs in the rear. On a flat road it made the truck drive live an old 80s Cadillac 'boat', but over rough spots it was weird, semi jarring, it is hard to explain. If I wanted a Limited would it deter me , no. If I was looking at it as an added option, the money cost would be more of the decision maker of it. But once again, that fake wood is really amazing in real life, I always thought it ugly and what not....The wood in the steering-wheel feels good and as though it is thinner than previous years. But over-all, this one did not have the 19 speakers H&K system, so I am assuming it is only the Alpine, and I could tell a big difference from the H&K system in a Laramie I drove. Well worth the $1,000s it basically adds into the add-on group. This one had the standard Limited wheels, which I actually prefer to the upgraded 22s.

This was the first 12" screen I had driven, and my friend said I looked like it was Christmas, the thing is amazing, once you set it up to how you like it. I would not get the large towing mirrors, they look weird on the smaller truck, and the standard ones are plenty large and designed for low drag. The cold rear seats are something, it is crazy. There was something else that stood out in a negative way, but I cannot remember it. Maybe no negative, but is impo....nevermind, lets talk about the self parking. I have now tried it on 3 different 1500s and maybe 11 times, and I have had it work proper twice, and two times try to back into a space, which another vehicle was parked in. I have read the manual, driven extremely close to the row of cars, and with space, different speeds and it seems to have some kink in the software. But when it works, it is something to watch, as you watch it through the 360 camera screen.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Limited and Longhorn have real wood, not fake.

Sounds like maybe they need to work on some software updates for the park assist.

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
RAM has always said it is real wood, but it has always been hard for me to believe, especially in the new Limited. It looks like, but it just does not seem to be real, though it looks close, and from the drivers seat, looking at the glove-box cover, you swear you see the pours in the wood, but I'm not sure.

D

Deleted member 85

Park assist in all FCA product is finicky. As a salesman, you would typically not try to demonstrate it as it would often not work and devalue the vehicle.

Predfan

Reaction score
were you able to test adaptive cruise and the lane keeping?

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Predfan said:
were you able to test adaptive cruise and the lane keeping?
I did not try the adaptive cruise, as it was raining and I drove it around a small town. But I did try the lane keep, it is interesting, the icon will change, I drove it on the medium setting, it was weird, not as annoying as I found the one in Ford trucks. Another person I know, who sells FCA vehicles, drove one up at FCA headquarters is Auburn Hills, and was impressed....also if you look up 2019 ram 1500 flt complete 0-60 ....go to I think 10 minutes in and they show you the truck stopping and starting back up on the highway. ...the safety features are something though. The number of alerts it will give you, specially if you are not paying attention.

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
Park assist in all FCA product is finicky. As a salesman, you would typically not try to demonstrate it as it would often not work and devalue the vehicle.
I'm glad I was not an idiot. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread