5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Dash Delamination

Limited Legend

Reaction score
Out cleaning my truck, noticed the leather on both sides of the center speaker has 2 bubbles. Is this how the delamination starts for those of you who have had this issue? I AM STILL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY. When I push on the small humps it's raised up. I believe it's starting to separate. Pics posted for your thoughts. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Limited Legend

Reaction score
The pic on the right is hard to see, but the seam is loose from the dash. The pic with my with my finger you can see the small mound to the left of my finger.

Attachments

• 20230923_093230.jpg
    20230923_093230.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230923_093257.jpg
    20230923_093257.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The pic on the right is hard to see, but the seam is loose from the dash. The pic with my with my finger you can see the small mound to the left of my finger.
Your new post is probably the fourth or fifth on the subject now. Common problem. Just get it fixed while under warranty.

BlkLimited22s

Reaction score
I had a large bubble ~4" by 4" on the passenger side between the center console and airbag. They replaced under warranty but new dash didnt fit right at the gauge surround, so they had to replace the gauge surround also.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
As mentioned the factory warranty will cover this. Make sure you take care of it while your warranty is in effect because it won't be covered by any aftermarket warranty.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Yours is hard to see and looks so minor at this point. I would be surprised if they gave you a whole new dash for this. But I hope they do. You may want to wait until it gets worse if you have time. which it likely will.

Mine bubbled up more with summer heat during the day but would shrink and be barely noticeable after sitting overnight in the garage. It did eventually get so bad that it was bubbled all the time. And large areas. My delamination started as smaller bubbles but was much worse than yours even at the beginning. Under warranty they replaced my entire dash. It came out looking like new, no rattles or squeaks. I did use Mopar cleaner on it before it started to delaminate thinking it was safe. I never told the dealer, but I think it may have caused the problem since it was widespread on my whole dash eventually. The dealer did ask me if I ever used any cleaners on the dash but I told them no. Now I only wipe it down with a damp shammy and the new one has held up perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread