5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lights in lower grill

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Shifts And Grins Fab, outside this, I was able to use the holes that were in the brace, I just need to run a drill through to clean the hole up a bit
I believe you can on that light. If you unbolt the front cover I am pretty sure you can rotate it 90 degrees. If not, let me know and we will figure something out for you. Can't have lights bouncing around on our brackets. That just won't do.
No go on the rotating the lens. I have a set of SS3 fogs still in the box and gave it a try, the lens is keyed to only fit one way.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
@Shifts And Grins Fab, outside this, I was able to use the holes that were in the brace, I just need to run a drill through to clean the hole up a bit

No go on the rotating the lens. I have a set of SS3 fogs still in the box and gave it a try, the lens is keyed to only fit one way.
Let me know if you still want to run these. I can come up with an auxiliary bracket to rotate the light 90 degrees and keep the light bar brackets in the correct orientation so you don't get the bounce.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me know if you still want to run these. I can come up with an auxiliary bracket to rotate the light 90 degrees and keep the light bar brackets in the correct orientation so you don't get the bounce.
100% still going to run these. I haven't heard back from DD about a different lens. Weather was crap and the picture is worse :) but I got a quick pic of the lights on. They still need to be aimed but for an idea. 20220319_192705.jpg

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If after talking to DD you decide you want to rotate them 90 degrees, let me know. I have some ideas that could turn into a new product. You could test it for us if you're interested.
100% interested. I think rotating them 90 degrees would be a sturdier mount. I was going measure the space and 3D printer something to fill the gap and provide some rigidity.

Hookie2325

Reaction score

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I

I have to ask and I apologize. I am sure you have been asked a million times but...to clear the 37's on your 4" lift what did you do to get them to fit and what offset are your rims???
Haha yes I have been asked a million times but it’s all good. So it is a 4 inch lift kit, but I have the bilsteins set to give it another roughly 1.7” in height up front. So you’d think that’s basically a 6 inch kit then, but no. Most of the 6 inch kits out there are at least an inch taller than my truck up front and 2 inches taller in the rear. Wheels are -24 offset and it required a little trimming of the pinch weld and then just cutting/shaping some plastic from the wheel well liners and that’s it. I could probably even get away with setting 4 of the bilsteins which is 1.2”. Hope all that helps

wsutard1

Reaction score
Haha yes I have been asked a million times but it’s all good. So it is a 4 inch lift kit, but I have the bilsteins set to give it another roughly 1.7” in height up front. So you’d think that’s basically a 6 inch kit then, but no. Most of the 6 inch kits out there are at least an inch taller than my truck up front and 2 inches taller in the rear. Wheels are -24 offset and it required a little trimming of the pinch weld and then just cutting/shaping some plastic from the wheel well liners and that’s it. I could probably even get away with setting 4 of the bilsteins which is 1.2”. Hope all that helps
How does one change the setting on Bilstein 5100s? I have a set on my Blazer and I figured that they are what they are. No adjustments.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
How does one change the setting on Bilstein 5100s? I have a set on my Blazer and I figured that they are what they are. No adjustments.
I’m not sure what suspension your blazer has, but 5100s in a strut/coilover application have a ring that you move to adjust how high the coil is mounted, thus lifting the vehicle. If you have a separate shock & coil (not coilover) then it doesn’t do this

wsutard1

Reaction score
I’m not sure what suspension your blazer has, but 5100s in a strut/coilover application have a ring that you move to adjust how high the coil is mounted, thus lifting the vehicle. If you have a separate shock & coil (not coilover) then it doesn’t do this
Makes sense. Mine are straight shocks. I have been looking for adjustable shocks. I thought you had the answer for me.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Makes sense. Mine are straight shocks. I have been looking for adjustable shocks. I thought you had the answer for me.
Haha yeah a shock itself will never lift the vehicle, sorry man you’ll have to get a coil spacer or longer coils and either a longer shock or a shock extender to lift it!

Users who are viewing this thread