5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lights in lower grill

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone installed some cube lights behind the lower grill? I have a pair of SS3s I'm looking to install there and wondering if anyone has sone it and ideas or links to brackets. Thanks!

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I knew they made brackets for a light bar, didn't know they had something for cube lights.
Not sure if they would work, would depend on the cubes I think. I have not seen pictures of them installed, but might be worth looking

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone installed some cube lights behind the lower grill? I have a pair of SS3s I'm looking to install there and wondering if anyone has sone it and ideas or links to brackets. Thanks!
It would require some minor drilling but you could definitely mount some SS3s in there. The slotted hole where the light bar mounts to our brackets would need to enlarged slightly for the hardware that comes with the SS3 and depending on where you wanted the lights you may have to drill 2 holes per side in the bumper support if you wanted them further in board. I'd like to get an SS5 light pod bar and see if we can get that to work fairly easily on the front of a Ram 1500.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I knew they made brackets for a light bar, didn't know they had something for cube lights.
If you wanted, I could enlarge the slotted hole on our bracket for you to make it easier. Just let us know. We have some SS3s and some brackets.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Our new brackets are slightly wider than the the ones shown. From other peoples installs it appears you can grab those holes just inside (to the right) of our bracket shown here. I think if we were to enlarge the slot for you and you used those holes, it would clear the parking sensors and get you where you need to be.
Light Bar Brackets 1.jpeg

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Our new brackets are slightly wider than the the ones shown. From other peoples installs it appears you can grab those holes just inside (to the right) of our bracket shown here. I think if we were to enlarge the slot for you and you used those holes, it would clear the parking sensors and get you where you need to be.
View attachment 121219
Where do I order stuff from you guys?

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Got the install done, looks good but I have to come up with something to brace under the lights, they bounce a bit on bumps. I also installed a trigger 4 plus to control them, that's a great setup too.
View attachment 123287 View attachment 123288
I would try mounting the brackets 90 degrees from what they are. It shouldn't change anything with the light functionality and should take away all of the bounce. Just my $0.02

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not like you designed and fabricated them it anything...
I would try mounting the brackets 90 degrees from what they are. It shouldn't change anything with the light functionality and should take away all of the bounce. Just my $0.02
Exactly what I did originally, I mounted the brackets as if I were mounting a light bar. I figured that would be more rigid, but the driving lights have a horizontal beam pattern, turn the light 90 degrees and you now have a vertical pattern. Am I able to rotate the lens and correct the beam pattern?

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Exactly what I did originally, I mounted the brackets as if I were mounting a light bar. I figured that would be more rigid, but the driving lights have a horizontal beam pattern, turn the light 90 degrees and you now have a vertical pattern. Am I able to rotate the lens and correct the beam pattern?
I believe you can on that light. If you unbolt the front cover I am pretty sure you can rotate it 90 degrees. If not, let me know and we will figure something out for you. Can't have lights bouncing around on our brackets. That just won't do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/