5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lights and Hazards flash

Nomad

Reaction score
My lights and hazards are flashing for no apparent reason while the truck is parked sitting in the garage. Key fobs are on a hook approximately 5 feet from the vehicle. When I look at the key fob, it is flashing red, I have never noticed this before. The only thing I could do to make it stop was to move the key fobs inside the house. Is this telling me the key fob batteries are getting low? Battery needs replacing on vehicle? I've searched the forums and haven't seen anything similar posted. Any ideas would be appreciated. This is on a 2020 Ecodiesel. TIA

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My lights and hazards are flashing for no apparent reason while the truck is parked sitting in the garage. Key fobs are on a hook approximately 5 feet from the vehicle. When I look at the key fob, it is flashing red, I have never noticed this before. The only thing I could do to make it stop was to move the key fobs inside the house. Is this telling me the key fob batteries are getting low? Battery needs replacing on vehicle? I've searched the forums and haven't seen anything similar posted. Any ideas would be appreciated. This is on a 2020 Ecodiesel. TIA
Only way keyfobs light should be flashing is if there was an issue with the fob.

Snekpete

Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly the reason I asked the OP if he recently added any LED bulbs to his truck. Some people have also had problems when they upgraded their garage door opener lights to LED bulbs. Which is why I also asked the OP about whether he did that.

Nomad

Reaction score
Have added nothing new to the truck. It is a limited so it came with LED's. Will investigate further and update if I find anything worth reporting. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Users who are viewing this thread