5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light rattle coming from door

airgas1998

Reaction score
Anyone else’s door randomly stop rattling? It’s warmed up a bit here, it went from 3 degrees to 50 degrees the next day. So safe to say it’s weather related. But as someone who lives in a place where the weather has insane mood swings, this will get old faster than the rumors of ww3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that must be colorado.....

renzo2213

Reaction score
that must be colorado.....

Massachusetts lol it’s literally 68 degrees right now. It was 17 yesterday with a feels like of 1 degree. The weather here is unreal

Nj921

Reaction score
You can jam some window sill foam behind the plastic trim at the top of the window in a few spots. Will apply more pressure to the weather stripping and reduce or eliminate the rattle. I put the stuff behind the edge of the doors too which can solve some bass rattles.

10-ft x 3/4-in Gray Window Seal Foam Window Weatherstrip https://www.lowes.com/pd/M-D-10-ft-x-3-4-in-Gray-Window-Seal-Foam-Window-Weatherstrip/1096049

Can you post a pic showing where you put it?

renzo2213

Reaction score
77 yesterday, snowing today

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you post a pic showing where you put it?
Red line area. I only put 4 pieces along the top edge, about 1/4"x3/4". It's a tight fit (which is good, but your fingers might hurt pulling it back lol), and you have to sort of lift up the weather stripping from the plastic, but it fixed my noise. The foam sits between the plastic frame and the metal of the door.

D5771A0B-0A32-4721-B9F3-D27005E2BEBD.jpeg

renzo2213

Reaction score
Red line area. I only put 4 pieces along the top edge, about 1/4"x3/4". It's a tight fit (which is good, but your fingers might hurt pulling it back lol), and you have to sort of lift up the weather stripping from the plastic, but it fixed my noise. The foam sits between the plastic frame and the metal of the door.

View attachment 44091

So you just basically put two pieces on the side going up and two pieces up top?

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you just basically put two pieces on the side going up and two pieces up top?

In my case no. Just 4 small pieces evenly spaced up top. Didn't need any on the side, but you could put more if you wanted/needed to. And just to be clearer, it goes behind that large plastic frame piece below the red line, not the weather stripping. The red line is where you pull back the plastic to put the foam in. Shouldn't be visible at all after you squeeze it in there.

renzo2213

Reaction score
In my case no. Just 4 small pieces evenly spaced up top. Didn't need any on the side, but you could put more if you wanted/needed to. And just to be clearer, it goes behind that large plastic frame piece below the red line, not the weather stripping. The red line is where you pull back the plastic to put the foam in. Shouldn't be visible at all after you squeeze it in there.

Roger that. Thank you! I’ll give it a try if it comes back, because I’ve had no rattle in the past few days

Users who are viewing this thread