5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light bars and sensors

kittyjo

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out how to relocate the 2sensors in the lower grill to add a 30 in light bar. Can this be done? Thank u!!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Where do you want to relocate them? They are simply sensors that can pop out and in. I’ve seen certain aftermarket bumpers/bull bars with spots to relocate them. Did you just want to push them wider in the grill? As long as you have the slack in the wire (or extend it) and drill the hole etc, I don’t see why it would be an issue.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Where do you want to relocate them? They are simply sensors that can pop out and in. I’ve seen certain aftermarket bumpers/bull bars with spots to relocate them. Did you just want to push them wider in the grill? As long as you have the slack in the wire (or extend it) and drill the hole etc, I don’t see why it would be an issue.
Just wanted to move them two down to the steel bumper and put a light bar right in that lower grill all the way across

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just wanted to move them two down to the steel bumper and put a light bar right in that lower grill all the way across

I haven’t done it personally so I will let someone else here comment who might have but I don’t see any reason that would be a problem. Another thing you can consider is going to the dealer and or local auto shop and asking them to give you a price on relocating the sensors and installing your light bar. Have them explain to you exactly what they will do. Then you can either do it yourself, the way they explained it, or if it’s actually a reasonable price and you don’t want to be bothered with it let them do it. Keep us posted.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Ya I will
I haven’t done it personally so I will let someone else here comment who might have but I don’t see any reason that would be a problem. Another thing you can consider is going to the dealer and or local auto shop and asking them to give you a price on relocating the sensors and installing your light bar. Have them explain to you exactly what they will do. Then you can either do it yourself, the way they explained it, or if it’s actually a reasonable price and you don’t want to be bothered with it let them do it. Keep us posted.
I just know the whole front number has to come off to relocate the sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread