5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift vs. non lift

Davezl1

Reaction score
There's no cutting to my knowledge on a 6 inch lift it's all bolt up, shocks, springs ect... The 3.5 is nice tho. I like mine. My truck looks Girthy on 35s
Do you have a picture with a side view? I want to see how much body sticks out past tires on stock wheels with 35’s.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
There's no cutting to my knowledge on a 6 inch lift it's all bolt up, shocks, springs ect... The 3.5 is nice tho. I like mine. My truck looks Girthy on 35s

If i am not mistaken, All lifts over 3.5" require the mounts for the transmission support to be cut to allow the front differential to drop down.

KLSU

Reaction score
Any you guys that have done the 3" lift towed with it? I'm planning on buying a 1500 Ram later this year 4x4 with 3.92 gears and was wondering about towing and if it is affected after adding 34-35" tires and 3" lift?

Thanks in advance.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any you guys that have done the 3" lift towed with it? I'm planning on buying a 1500 Ram later this year 4x4 with 3.92 gears and was wondering about towing and if it is affected after adding 34-35" tires and 3" lift?

Thanks in advance.
Have a 3 1/2” RC lift with 3:92’s. Have no problem towing my livestock trailer with up to 10,000 pounds no problem. Most of the time I am in the 6,000-8,000 pound range but occasionally 10,000. Have no problem hauling payload either. I do have helper air bags in the rear coil springs to help. Not sure if you were thinking air or coil suspension but that is my setup. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread