5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift kit options

Ramnado

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Laramie 1500 with stock 20” that I had the RC 3 1/2” lift put on recently with Fox shocks and 35” tires. Still have some rubbing and a clunking on the drivers side. I had the 2” leveling spacer on it for a year and I think it rubs more now than it did with just the spacer. I’m not sure what to do next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preciate the honesty but thats what I was worried about. Might just throw some hockey pucks on it and see what happens. Good luck finding the fix.

jtzdad

Reaction score
Guys,

New to the forum but could sure use some help. I have a 2021 Big Horn Crew Cab. Recently had an RC 3.5" basic lift installed with zero Offset Vision Warrior Wheels on 285/60/30 wheels. Kept OEM struts for front as I only have 15K miles on the truck and new RC shocks, that come with the kit, installed on rear. My problem is I still have a 2" drop differential from back to front. I spoke with RC and they said there should be almost no rake with this kit but I dagger sure have it and don't want it. Lifted primarily for looks and went to shorter lift from previous 2015 Laramie as I am getting older. Any suggestions on getting this truck level.

Jkirwin

Reaction score
Someone please confirm my understanding.

2019 Ram Big Horn with the off road package.
From my research, the 1” lift comes from the factory due to larger struts in the front and a larger spring in the rear.

I have been looking at replacing with 2” leveling struts from Rough Country. However, if this theory is true, I would just need to purchase the 3.5 loaded strut pair and the upper control arms, correct?

I measured from top of wheel to bottom of fender. Front measured 2 1/4” lower than rear currently with the 1” longer off road package strut.

Would replacing the factory struts with the 3.5 loaded rough country struts essentially be like adding 2.5” leveling struts

Users who are viewing this thread