5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifelong Chevy Guy with a 2019 1500 Limited

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Howdy folks! I've been poking around in these forums for a bit, but just took possession of a 2018 Limited (details in my sig). In 2015 I traded in my 2003 Chevy Tahoe on a 2016 Mercedes Benz GL 450. I've never been in love with that vehicle and wanted to get back into a truck platform. The interior of the 2019 RAM convinced us that we didn't need an SUV.

If you'd asked me 2 years ago if I'd have an FCA product in my driveway today, I'd be willing to bet money that I wouldn't.

...but I do. I've only put a few miles on her tonight, but I'm hoping that this becomes a happy long-term relationship. This is the most excited I've been about a vehicle for quite some time.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. Ram seems to have really hit the mark with Chevy fans. And they sure did smitten people with the limited. Hope the truck treats you well.

Thanks for joining us

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that I'm seeing that Green Car Journal has awarded the 2019 RAM 1500 the Green Truck of the Year award, I'm having a full-blown identity crisis. :eek:

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now that I'm seeing that Green Car Journal has awarded the 2019 RAM 1500 the Green Truck of the Year award, I'm having a full-blown identity crisis. :eek:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Congrats on the truck man! Yeah, Ram is certainly sitting at the top right now. I’m generally a Ford fan but the ram was the easiest decision I’ve ever made

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Great, welcome to the club. been a Chevy /GM convert, also Ford diesel, convert for years and have never looked back. This one is the best ever, IMO. Good luck!

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I wondered about that award myself, thinking that Ram would just as soon have received the award quietly and not gotten any press for it ;-) Still, it's always a good thing to (a) save a bit of fuel, and (b) emit less a bit less poison into the air we breath.

I consider it as not being a tree-hugger type, rather I think of it as taking that much more personal responsibility for my own actions in this world. Being brought up by ultra-responsible parents, we were always told "if you made the mess, you clean it up", and of course we soon learned it was much smarter to avoid making a mess in the first place than it was to have to clean it up.

So just consider that your new eTorque truck is part of Ram & the trucking community just quietly doing their part as sensible, personally-responsible conservatives, living up to our own personal-responsibility agendas for common-sense practices like clean air and clean water, and not calling attention to ourselves as the greenies must do in order to validate themselves.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread