5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling Kit Review/Pics ??

GARebel19

Reaction score
word to the wise with the readylift kits: *check your stud clearance on the strut with the top hat spacer installed!!* (my truck is a lonestar with ORP, basically the same as you non-airlift rebel folks)

i’m very happy with the readylift kit, both with packaging quality, material quality, welds, and pretty much all aspects. BUT...the top hat spacer didn’t clear the studs on the strut. this is a simple grind down, doesn’t bother me...but the instructions don’t say a thing about cutting down strut studs up top.

to be clear: if you did not grind down your studs...
you’re lifting your truck with the height of your strut studs!

pics below

9628edbf36f5aee61bd680ceb6e65f1d.jpg

906b555f93fe8c8295279d20bd7e40b2.jpg

you can see that the weight of the truck was embedding the studs into the strut tower. this is a no-go from me, and i would assume many of you as well. i’m going to reach out to ready lift and request they update their instructions to include checking the studs for clearance. i was mostly frustrated because we had already finished driver side and moved on to passenger side before my buddy noticed. i got a zip tie and poked it through the strut tower, and the clearance between the strut tower and lift spacer was enough to “lose” the zip tie. needless to say, we ripped the front end back apart and got things straightened out.

cd8673ef501325dca59e8f3f776eaf64.jpg

f6fc11aa9d5f70532ac0b1abb04dd7be.jpg

i am still happy with the aesthetics, and the quality of the control arms. this is really why i bought the kit. i might jump up to a 2.5” spacer, or bilsteins depending on ride quality. right now i love the lift without losing that land yacht ride quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So I did a look at mine and try to run a zip tie up above the spacer and I was not able to. I need to take the tire off one day to get a better look but I'm not seeing what you described.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
So I did a look at mine and try to run a zip tie up above the spacer and I was not able to. I need to take the tire off one day to get a better look but I'm not seeing what you described.

thats a good thing! all you’re doing with a zip tie/stiff piece of bendable material is trying to check for a gap between the lift pacer and the strut tower. if there’s no gap, you’re fine.

of course the only way to be 100% sure that there is no gap, is to pull the strut out and inspect the stud length vs. the spacer height. if yours doesn’t look like my picture, you’re good to go.

i haven’t gotten around to sending readylift an email, but i plan to. this is a potentially bad problem.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
I agree on the only way to be sure is to take it apart. Once I get more time I will at least take the wheel off and get a better look up there.

Good luck with it. Hope its all good.

—-

I finally got around to emailing Readylift about this. Their customer service manager replied, and really just said ‘we plan to edit our instructions. We are seeing a few vehicles now with different stud lengths, and the way to fix it is to trim the studs down.’

i’m not crazy about that being their fix, but i cant argue that it is ineffective. that really is the simplest way to fix. My biggest thing is that it creates a big question surrounding folks who bought the kit and had a shop install, or just didn’t know to look for it. I didn’t, my buddy noticed it at a glance. Just one of those things to talk about i guess. I might need to start another thread on here that brings attention to it, just in case its causing damage or a potential failure point to all who run the kit.

Hadit55

Reaction score
I have the Bilstein 5100's on setting 5 and also a 1/2 inch motofab spacer in. Sits only 1/4inch lower in front. Damn near perfectly level and rides amazing. Highly recommend. NO UCA's either.
Looks great but seems slightly nose high? Could just be the pavement?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did motofab 2” spacers. Perfectly level

MotoFab Lifts DR-2 - 2" Front Leveling Lift Kit Compatible with Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup 4WD https://a.co/d/dImzzp2

Dakota1!

Reaction score
I did motofab 2” spacers. Perfectly level

MotoFab Lifts DR-2 - 2" Front Leveling Lift Kit Compatible with Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup 4WD https://a.co/d/dImzzp2
Same here - Motofab is the best bang for your buck. Threw on some 285/75r18s at the same time and it’s all I’ll ever need

Attachments

• 4B1F6864-6201-438D-8364-A4AE6481DC06.jpeg
    4B1F6864-6201-438D-8364-A4AE6481DC06.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 68

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here is an overview and review of my setup.

Fox 2.5 DSC, Carli UCA, Carli Rear End Link, Carli Rear Spring
35x12.5R18

1684878838221.png

dannydyn

Reaction score
How many inches of lift you need in the front to level it with the stock back?

Users who are viewing this thread