5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling kit recommendations

jjaquin2

Reaction score
Just bought a 2021 1500 big horn 5.7L. Looking to put a front leveling kit on her, either 2.5 or 3 inch. Any recommendations? Please feel free to post pictures. Thanks

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Does google not work for you? Plenty of threads on this man. Ill bite though. Heres the truth alot wont like, want to do it the cheap mickey mouse way? Put spacers and dont come crying back when you have issues like alot of folks. Sure, you might get lucky and have no issues, or create a delusion in your head thinking its fine when its not. 50/50 chance. Some will say oh well if you dont off road your fine. Sure. Willing to loose your ride quality or hear squeaking or save hundreds to cause thousands of damage down the line like alot of folks? Up to you. Willing to take the chance? Im not.
Or you can do it the correct way, be patient, save a little more money and go with something like Bilstein, Carli, Mopar, or Eibach struts/coilovers.
Also be sure to replace your UCAs if your going over 2".

Last edited:

jjaquin2

Reaction score
Google works great, just figured I’d ask in a forum…for 5th gen rams…to get some different/potentially better answers. Thanks 👍

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I went with 2” motofab top hat spacers. Perfectly level. Anything taller, or if you’re going to off-road you might want to go with some leveling struts and UCAs.

kwill

Reaction score
I recommend the Eibach kit. It is actual shocks, not spacers. However, it is only 2 inches which leveled my 2022 Laramie perfectly and allows 34 or 35 inch tires.

irishwake63

Reaction score
Many have spacers with no issues, if you go offroad alot I would suggest a better solution but if just for looks spacers are fine as long as its done right. I would agree with anything over 2" upgrade the UCAs as the geometry changes and you dont want to be riding down the road and have a ball joint fail

jjaquin2

Reaction score
Thanks guys, after doing some further research I think I’m going to go with a 2 inch which will allow me the room for 33’s. Dont do much off-roading, usually just to get to hunting spots so it’ll be mainly for looks. However I still think I will go with shocks instead of pucks 👍

Users who are viewing this thread