5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling kit - CV shaft angle?

Agitated

Reaction score
Has anyone thought about or is concerned about the increased front shaft angle that will happen with a 2” level kit? Or any lift for that matter. Any pics of the running angle on front shafts for those with a level kit? Id really like the ready lift but im not sure i could be ok with 3” in front.
Or is it a non issue on these trucks? Im coming from a Superdoodie so this IFS stuff is new to me.

Agitated

Reaction score
Yes I'm aware they've been installed, I'm asking if there's a concern on the axle shaft running angle after doing so.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've read from people that have leveled the 19s that the CV angle is much more relaxed than leveleling a 4th gen, most likely due to the built in need for better angles with the off road package which comes with a lift etc.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about or is concerned about the increased front shaft angle that will happen with a 2” level kit? Or any lift for that matter. Any pics of the running angle on front shafts for those with a level kit? Id really like the ready lift but im not sure i could be ok with 3” in front.
Or is it a non issue on these trucks? Im coming from a Superdoodie so this IFS stuff is new to me.

I'm still hesitant to do the 3.5" kit. I went with the 2" readylift top mount spacer with control arms. I'll crawl under the truck tomorrow and take a picture of the angles if I can. It's not bad at all.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's the angles with the 2" kit. Not bad at all. Nearly perfectly straight. I'm wrestling back and forth on calling Readylift and ordering the rest of the parts for the 3.5" kit.

Attachments

• 20180624_150050.jpg
    20180624_150050.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 261
  • 20180624_150057.jpg
    20180624_150057.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 257

Twoamen

Reaction score
After inquiring on these sites I went with the leveling kit with new modified upper control arms, Readylift. Figured better safe than sorry. 300.00 difference but did not want to find out just spacer added strain on ball joints.

Bellpa

Reaction score
After inquiring on these sites I went with the leveling kit with new modified upper control arms, Readylift. Figured better safe than sorry. 300.00 difference but did not want to find out just spacer added strain on ball joints.
Happy with the kit, ride, etc? Any pics?

C.D.I.N.B.

Reaction score
Here's the angles with the 2" kit. Not bad at all. Nearly perfectly straight. I'm wrestling back and forth on calling Readylift and ordering the rest of the parts for the 3.5" kit.
Hello. Any issues inside of the last 4 years with this 2" Ready Lift set up?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello. Any issues inside of the last 4 years with this 2" Ready Lift set up?
Considering the factory air ride does basically the same thing in the "off-road" positions, I doubt a front level is going to cause any issues. And since Mopar sells a 2"lift kit that doesn't hurt factory warranty, I think the answer is pretty clear.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just switched over from my fox 2.0’s to a 2” readylift tophat on my ORG springs while I decide on what external reservoir coilovers I want. To me, that ORG strut and Tophat spacer is pushing it on the CV angle. I would feel very uncomfortable doing any more than that, and at full droop, I see a high potential for a problem.

The readylift 3.5 inch lift kit is not as much of a problem because it combines preload with the 2 inch tophat spacer, whereas my set up has no preload spacer.

To answer the original question, I’ve done several leveling lifts on fifth Gen trucks and haven’t seen any problem with CV angles from just a 2 inch level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/