5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveled on stock rims and tires

jtothemak

Reaction score
Anyone by change of a 2019 Ram 1500 leveled but still with stock rims and tires? Looking at purchasing a Laramie 4x4 but surprised how low the truck sits.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Mine is leveled and still on the stock tires/rims. I'll take some pics and post them. Looks so much better, even on the stock setup. The factory rake is awful. Looks like a Ram should now.

jtothemak

Reaction score
Mine is leveled and still on the stock tires/rims. I'll take some pics and post them. Looks so much better, even on the stock setup. The factory rake is awful. Looks like a Ram should now.

Thank you, look forward to seeing pics. Any effect on MPG?

JAK

Reaction score
Really been wanting to do something similar to my laramie too. Mind if I asked how much it cost you to get the leveling kit?

WRH

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance here, but what is the difference between a leveling and a 2" raise kit? I'd like mine lifted a bit but not sure exactly what I need/want yet.

Thanks!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone by change of a 2019 Ram 1500 leveled but still with stock rims and tires? Looking at purchasing a Laramie 4x4 but surprised how low the truck sits.

Ready lift 2" with upper control arms. Still has a little bit of rake depending on where you measure from. From the center of the wheel to the fender the front is 1/4" lower than the rear. From the ground to the fender the front is about 1/2 - 3/4" lower than the rear. Because these trucks are weight biased to the front 70/30 the front tires see more load and squat more due to the weight difference you can see it in the picture the height of the side wall on the lower portion of the tire is shorter than the rear, A little extra air in the front tires would level it up a bit. I'm thinking about adding a 3/16" shim to the top hot spacer to bring it up a little bit more in the front. The ride after the leveling kit is actually better than it was stock, Just a touch firmer, but I felt the front was a little soft in stock configuration, but that's just my opinion. i was going to run 305 55 20's with this setup but now I'm thinking about going with 305 50 20's. The third pic is with 18x9 -12 fuels and 33x12.50 ridge grapplers, I had these tires laying a round from my old GMC so I put them on just to see what it looked like. Ride was terrible and the road noise was unacceptable and completely destroyed the refinement of this truck which was one of the reasons I bought it but with the stiffer sidewall because the tires are load range F the truck looks more level. I''ll definitely be looking at more road biased tires like a 4 ply G2 if I change them out.

Attachments

• 20181113_142801.jpg
    20181113_142801.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 411
  • 20181113_142812.jpg
    20181113_142812.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 409
  • 20181110_144706.jpg
    20181110_144706.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 410

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance here, but what is the difference between a leveling and a 2" raise kit? I'd like mine lifted a bit but not sure exactly what I need/want yet.

Thanks!

The 2" level just raises the front end up so that the truck sit's more level. A 2" lift would raise both the front and rear by 2 inches so the truck would still have the factory rake and sit lower in the front than the rear.

Reactions: WRH

WRH

Reaction score
Mine is still stock. Still need to do my 2" lift :)

Bellpa

Reaction score
Bellpa, have you noticed any change after adding the leveling kit? Like mpg or the way the truck feels when driving?
No mpg change, but noticeably better handling and cornering. There was too much front body roll before adding the kit. Corners great without affecting the ride.

WRH

Reaction score
I only did the level kit. 2 inch spacer and no control arms. How many do upper control arms too?

Reaction score
3.5 ready lift with stock rims and 285/55/20 BFG ko2's. The truck sits level no rake looks awesome!!

NightRebel

Reaction score
I only did the level kit. 2 inch spacer and no control arms. How many do upper control arms too?

I’d like to know the same. I’m confused as to why people do the UCA’s as well or if you’re ok with just the spacers. I plan to stick with stock wheels and tires, not sure if that makes a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d like to know the same. I’m confused as to why people do the UCA’s as well or if you’re ok with just the spacers. I plan to stick with stock wheels and tires, not sure if that makes a difference?

If you have the Off Road Package, which comes with a 1" lift, you run the risk of popping an upper ball joint if you level with anything higher than 2" spacers. The replacement UCA's can handle the sharper angles with the increased ride height. Piece of mind when driving aggressive or off road.

Users who are viewing this thread