5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

level kits, worth it?

wino714

Reaction score
Hello all,
New to this site and I'm sure this has probably been asked before but i would like some fresh input. I am looking to do a 3" level in the front and 2" in the rear. I've heard that to high of a level can cause damage the suspension parts? does that sound correct? any input would be much appreciated.

db252

Reaction score
Sounds like your planning a ‘lift’ more than a ’level‘ albeit a minor lift compared to most. A level is more just bringing the front up to the rear height in stock format. Most complete lift kits are designed to level the truck. Now a complete kit will contain components (UCA’s, end links, etc) to allow all components to work together properly together. If you plan to just raise the truck with components that are only designed to lift it and keep stock connecting parts, you’ll be changing and possibly exceeding the design of how they are supposed to operate.
I‘m doing a level on my truck which is only affecting the front and going up around 2” and I’m still changing my UCA’s to the Mopar 2” lift design to prevent any issues with the ball joint especially since I have air suspension. Plenty have gotten away without changing them and some have had issue.
To sum it up, do it right the first time based on your goals and you and your truck will be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread