5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's talk about 18" Wheel Fitments

Gregg

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah our designers have all the caliper specs available. We usually reference the front of a GMC AT4 and the rear of the RAMS as those are the most challenging.
I chose my tire-wheel package for a weight compromise to the stock wheels/highway tires. 18x8.5 ET0 offset and an LT275/70R18, coming from the 20x9.0 stock wheels with the non-LT Bridgestones. It's flush to the fender flares (Sport Edition).

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At present we're leaning towards 18x8.5 on +0 and +18 or +25. We're just carefully researching the +18 and +25 for now.
I didn’t realize you were going so narrow. An 8.5” width and 0 offset would have the rim tucked and tire probably flush. I want to change my setup to ~35” tires, and am trying to decide right now between 18’s or 20’s (both in 9-10 width). I’m thinking I’d want the rim close to even with the fender so there’s only tire poke.

Do you do any kind of custom colors?

BRINK WHEELS

Precision Engineered Flow Formed Wheels
Reaction score
I didn’t realize you were going so narrow. An 8.5” width and 0 offset would have the rim tucked and tire probably flush. I want to change my setup to ~35” tires, and am trying to decide right now between 18’s or 20’s (both in 9-10 width). I’m thinking I’d want the rim close to even with the fender so there’s only tire poke.

Do you do any kind of custom colors?

We don't have 18"s as of yet however we do have 20x9 +18 which will offer you the stance you're looking to achieve. I'm afraid we don't do custom colors.

SoCalSteve

Reaction score
I’ve got 295 wide tires on +1 offset wheels, and the look with OEM fender flares is perfect for me. I’d never want a lower (more negative) offset, though of course others go for a different look.

But, in a magic world where I could get anything I wished for, I’d pick +6 or +12, simply because this should mean less dirt and gravel kicked up onto the side of my Ram. More aggressive looking than stock, but easier on the paint than my current set.
can you share a picture

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
can you share a picture
Here’s a couple of driveway pictures I took just now. The last one shows the brake caliper clearance. It’s close, but the picture makes it look tighter than it is. Probably a bit over 1/4 inch clearance.
IMG_0880.jpeg IMG_0881.jpeg IMG_0883.jpeg IMG_0882.jpeg

Playmaker10

Reaction score
I feel a lot of people with 18-in rims are going zero offset or -12.

The thought of -12, is mostly with a lift, which will come with bigger tires, 35s or bigger. The negative offset will allow clearance inside the fender well for the UCAs and fenders.

SoCalSteve

Reaction score

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Jimothy! Were you able to fit a 295x70x18 spare in the spare tire location under the bed?
Yes, but only by removing about a 1/4" from the inside of the hitch receiver, being careful not to cut into the weld. I did not remove the heat shield, but that's another option.

Users who are viewing this thread