5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Make sure to show a pic of them mounted up. Those look way bigger than the numbers would indicate.
I think the pic is an optical illusion with the new tire closer to the camera. I measured them with a tape and they’re right on the specs.
Probably won’t be installing them for a few months but will post before and after pics then.

Dewey

Reaction score
Just came from the tire shop after an appointment to have my 295/70-18 Falken Wildpeak A/T 3's installed. They said the tires cannot be installed due to liability reasons because they're larger than stock.:rolleyes: Really irritated me because I made it clear that they were larger than stock when I set up my appointment.

Then the guy proceeded to tell me the only way those tires will fit stock is if I took a Sawzall to the fenders and fender liners. Seemed real ignorant for a "tire expert". I explained that I know of several people with this tire size on RAM's with ORG and there are zero clearance issues. He basically told me I don't know what I'm talking about. I said whatever and asked for my truck back.🤬

Went down the street to a different shop and explained what happened and he laughed and said it would be no problem to install them. Unfortunately now I have to wait a few more weeks.

Anybody else run into this when getting bigger tires? I see a number of BackCountry's and Rebel's here with this tire size on stock trucks.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just came from the tire shop after an appointment to have my 295/70-18 Falken Wildpeak A/T 3's installed. They said the tires cannot be installed due to liability reasons because they're larger than stock.:rolleyes: Really irritated me because I made it clear that they were larger than stock when I set up my appointment.

Then the guy proceeded to tell me the only way those tires will fit stock is if I took a Sawzall to the fenders and fender liners. Seemed real ignorant for a "tire expert". I explained that I know of several people with this tire size on RAM's with ORG and there are zero clearance issues. He basically told me I don't know what I'm talking about. I said whatever and asked for my truck back.

Went down the street to a different shop and explained what happened and he laughed and said it would be no problem to install them. Unfortunately now I have to wait a few more weeks.

Anybody else run into this when getting bigger tires? I see a number of BackCountry's and Rebel's here with this tire size on stock trucks.
My experience with big chain tire places is that they don't like messing with anything that isn't stock.

I took it to a mom/pop shop, or a 4wd auto shop and got mu aftermarket rims and tires installed

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

AlamoOutlaw

Reaction score
might as well since no one's posted a picture in a while of the BC

image0.jpeg
After looking for a BC for about a year, I finally took delivery of a '24 Granite Crystal CC about 3 weeks ago. I don't know why the Backcountry package has been so hard to come by but I ended up finding exactly what I was looking for at a local dealership. When looking for a BC, none pooped up here in TX and only a few across the entire country(both new and used), so I considered ordering one from Mark Dodge in Louisiana, only to find out that the '24 order books had already closed and the '25 1500s would no longer offer the BC package. I happened to find one on a local dealer's website and went to make a deal on it. After the incentives from Chrysler, a trade-in and some dealer discounts, I came away with a really solid deal and I couldn't be more satisfied with the truck.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious to know how popular is the backcountry trim. Definitely don't see that many out there in general. I can sew ram just phasing that trim out for just the offroad package...or just get rid of the offroad trim all together.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oddly it doesn't seem very popular but I think it's great. Sorta like a less flashy Rebel. I'm not fan of the fake plastic vents or fender flairs but like the ORG and seat covers.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My experience with big chain tire places is that they don't like messing with anything that isn't stock.

I took it to a mom/pop shop, or a 4wd auto shop and got mu aftermarket rims and tires installed

I was surprised Discount Tire installed my 295/70/18s when the truck was stock.
I told them from the git go that i would sign anything they needed and would not hold them responsible for any fitment or rubbing issues.

They shrugged it off and didnt make me do anything at all - so easy.
And of course, it all fit just fine, as I knew.

Not sure if it would be like this at all DTs, or just that one, or just because I've spent way too dam much $$ with DT over the years.

Dewey

Reaction score
Curious to know how popular is the backcountry trim. Definitely don't see that many out there in general. I can sew ram just phasing that trim out for just the offroad package...or just get rid of the offroad trim all together.

Since I got my 2022 I have yet to see another BackCountry on the road and I drive a lot of miles each year.
I saw one in Billet Silver at a local dealership before I ordered mine but that’s it.

sbcncsu

Reaction score
Since I got my 2022 I have yet to see another BackCountry on the road and I drive a lot of miles each year.
I saw one in Billet Silver at a local dealership before I ordered mine but that’s it.
I have had mine for 18 months and I have seen exactly one other Back Country model. That was in Alabama, on my way to Huntsville. It was a blue one.

My dealer has sold exactly one Back Country, mine. I am still in love with it.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow...so I just checked ram website...no more back country for 2024. At least wheni tried to build one.

I need to reach out to eighty and see how many were built 2022 and 2023. I must be that special unicorn to have not only a back country, but one with ramboxes. They took that option off sometime in early 2022. I don't get it because it's a great option

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wish they would have let you optioned them with the sports hood / led package.. or at least when I checked they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow...so I just checked ram website...no more back country for 2024. At least wheni tried to build one.

I need to reach out to eighty and see how many were built 2022 and 2023. I must be that special unicorn to have not only a back country, but one with ramboxes. They took that option off sometime in early 2022. I don't get it because it's a great option

833 of them for 2023.
329 (so far) for 2024. There's only 3 working days left of 2024 production, so the final number will be close.

I don't have that data for 2022. I lost all my 2022 build sheets, will have to download them all again (which is on my list to do soon).

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wish they would have let you optioned them with the sports hood / led package.. or at least when I checked they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I know lots of folks love that hood. I had a rebel before it, and I just didn't like it. When looking out it just blocked alot more view than I would like.

But I get it, and from outside, the sport hood looks great.

escapefjrtist

Reaction score
Excuse the driveway pic! Recently picked up a used ‘22 with BC package, low miles and excellent condition. Liking the white/black combo and overall equipment on the rig. Took a while to find this one as I didn’t want etorque or a moon roof. Patience paid off!

5d7dc4db495192054dbd045abc73c93d.jpg

~G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the BC package overall, but I just cannot get past the shiny black and sparkly paint on the two tone. Looks so out of place to me. Would look so much better to me if they used matte black instead.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the BC package overall, but I just cannot get past the shiny black and sparkly paint on the two tone. Looks so out of place to me. Would look so much better to me if they used matte black instead.

Very true. I think if it was matte black, that would stand out even more. The rebels are like that too.

Come to think if it…now I wonder how they painted that bottom half black.

AlamoOutlaw

Reaction score
I know it’s been a couple of years since anyone has brought up leveling kits for the BC but I’m curious if anyone has found one that works with the factory suspension. I’d prefer to just install some 2” puck spacers rather than replace UCAs or struts to get the truck leveled. Any input is greatly appreciated.

escapefjrtist

Reaction score
I wasn't specifically looking for a BC package when this '22 popped up. I gotta say, after a couple months the color combo is really growing on me and SO. It just works! Only adds I've done since driveway pic is tinting front windows. Great looking truck!

~G

Dewey

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread