5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

Jrodd52

Reaction score
Nah, I like the granite/black look on mine.
The granite works, the white and hydro blue just stand out too much in the grill that’s just my opinion. To be fair I haven’t seen a backcountry in person yet, I’m just going by pictures. Maybe the gloss black bumper compliments the white and hydro blue better in person on the back country. I’ve seen and driven the BTS edition and liked the hydro blue with the look of blacked out grill. The wheels are nice on the BTS too, however I like that the backcountry comes with a 18 inch wheel instead of a 20 inch. I would rather have more rubber than wheel.

Last edited:

Hadit55

Reaction score
Most definitely...you can have them open any which way. Even if I fold up the trifold cover, I can still open them with no problem
93fdd30ef641c0995e4e74d71c87e76b.jpg

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
What is the foldable rail in your bed called?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the foldable rail in your bed called?
It's some kind of factory bed divider/extension (with the correct bracket that you have to get separately...which sucks). Comes with the rambox. It has worked pretty well so far.

90Addict

Reaction score
Anyone put a 6in rough country lift on their Backcountry yet? I'm getting ready to order a lift, rims and tires but have questions. Help! Lol

deanno33

Reaction score
Nice to see they are putting black door handles on the 2023 Backcountry. I noticed it on my build sheet and googled this pic. Personally I like the look.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230622_204612_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230622_204612_YouTube.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 37

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice to see they are putting black door handles on the 2023 Backcountry. I noticed it on my build sheet and googled this pic. Personally I like the look.
I like that. Next mod for my truck...haha

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Been watching this thread for a future tire upgrade. Looking like 295/70/18 is the largest tire that will fit the stock BackCountry set up so far. Is that still the general consensus? Anybody have any luck with any bigger tires?

I’ll be looking for tires before next winter and want to fit the largest tire I can without any mods to the suspension.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been watching this thread for a future tire upgrade. Looking like 295/70/18 is the largest tire that will fit the stock BackCountry set up so far. Is that still the general consensus? Anybody have any luck with any bigger tires?

I’ll be looking for tires before next winter and want to fit the largest tire I can without any mods to the suspension.
I went with aftermarket rims and was able to get 275/65/R20 (34.1" tire) with very little trimming on the mud flaps I have. I didn't check the upper control arms to see how close it is...but I think that is where you might run into issues. The 1" factory lift helped

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Walking my dog and took a quick snapshot of the upper control arm and how close it is and I guess it's possible to go a little wider. All I did was just go to a bigger rim size.

The numbers you are referring to...is really close to my setup...according to tiresize.com/comparison
707489a007d38d44427c080ff110e032.jpg

90Addict

Reaction score
Can any Backcountry owners give me some insight on how the stock 1in lift was accomplished on these trucks? I bought a 6in suspension lift and was wondering if it will give me problems

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can any Backcountry owners give me some insight on how the stock 1in lift was accomplished on these trucks? I bought a 6in suspension lift and was wondering if it will give me problems
Don't know if anyone responded, but folks here suggest that it's a spring that gives it the 1" lift. I debated that, and failed.

Are you keeping stock front struts and rear springs or not?

Dewey

Reaction score
Time for new tires….275/65-18’s gotta go.

Anybody put 285/75-18’s on their BackCountry?

I know from previous posts that 295/70-18 will fit with no mods so wondering if I can get just a bit more?

Maybe not even enough to notice a difference?🤔

IMG_9785.jpeg

IMG_9786.jpeg

Dewey

Reaction score
I decided to go with the 295/70-18. Not really much of a difference compared to the 285/75-18 and about $60 cheaper per tire.

Tire Rack shows the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W are being discontinued. Maybe a redesign is in the works?🤔

IMG_9828.jpeg

I decided to grab a set since I really like these tires and worried what they may be replaced with. Best I have ever used in the snow and that’s really important for WI winters. Supposed to be delivered on Friday.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. I was just telling somebody a few days ago that I wouldn't be surprised to see Falken update the A/T3W soon. That tire debuted in late winter 2016 and I was one of the first guys to get a set. Still to this day the best all-terrain tire I've tested, and I've tested a LOT of tires.

But, with pressure building in the off road tire segment, a lot of companies are releasing new designs and I guess Falken is working on the new A/T. The "3W" at the end of the name stands for "winter/wet/wear". It's not a reference to the generation of the tire. Actually the A/T3W is the second gen Falken Wildpeak all-terrain. I'm betting the new third gen tire will have "X" in the name somehow. That seems to be getting popular.

Dewey

Reaction score
Interesting. I was just telling somebody a few days ago that I wouldn't be surprised to see Falken update the A/T3W soon. That tire debuted in late winter 2016 and I was one of the first guys to get a set. Still to this day the best all-terrain tire I've tested, and I've tested a LOT of tires.

But, with pressure building in the off road tire segment, a lot of companies are releasing new designs and I guess Falken is working on the new A/T. The "3W" at the end of the name stands for "winter/wet/wear". It's not a reference to the generation of the tire. Actually the A/T3W is the second gen Falken Wildpeak all-terrain. I'm betting the new third gen tire will have "X" in the name somehow. That seems to be getting popular.
Possibly changing the design of an already great tire is what had me worried and why I ordered new Falken’s.

BFG A/T K02’s used to be great tires but my last set on my 4th Gen sucked beyond the first 10,000 miles. Traction in rain and snow was horrible. Hate when companies change a good thing for the worse all in the name of “updating”.

I hate that the Falken’s are made in Thailand but hard to look beyond my great experience with them and the excellent reviews. First time I ever had a factory tire on a new truck exceed my expectations. I’m assuming that the new ones I ordered will be even better.

Dewey

Reaction score
In case anybody is wondering about the size difference going from stock 275/65-18 Falken’s to 295/70-18. Quite the difference.😲
IMG_9914.jpeg
IMG_0048.jpeg
IMG_0049.jpeg
IMG_0051.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread