5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

jcjohn

Reaction score
I test drove a Limited and a Laramie before ordering my BC, the air was a fun toy, but the ride didn't feel any different to me. Also figured it is much easier to "trail fix" a broken spring than a blown bag. Not to mention, the air system is heavy, dropping payload that much more.
Fair enough man, enjoy your truck. IME, the air ride is not a gimmick or toy, and provides a ton of utility. If payload is more important to you and you're equipped/prepared to fix a broken spring on the trail, more power to you bud.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. Not dissing the air ride, but I didn’t notice much difference. Had it on my Grand Cherokee and felt the same. Off road the high setting felt worse to me so I didn’t use it. The drop down feature would be nice for the in-laws though. Nice option for sure but not something I needed.

jcjohn

Reaction score
I agree. Not dissing the air ride, but I didn’t notice much difference. Had it on my Grand Cherokee and felt the same. Off road the high setting felt worse to me so I didn’t use it. The drop down feature would be nice for the in-laws though. Nice option for sure but not something I needed.
Roger that man. As you increase ride height from aero to normal, etc..., it adds more air to the bags and you increase the stiffness of the ride. The daystar kit reduces this impact by adding a 2" spacer to the top of the front bag mount and spoofing the computer with new supsension links. The computer believes you're still in "normal" and the ride is the same even though you're 2" up in the front. Not trying to sell you or anything, just a head's up.

If you pull a trailer or boat, having the ability to modify your tongue height higher or lower from the cab using the backup camera is very convenient. The tongue self-leveling feature after your hooked is also a nice feature.

Last edited:

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't know that about the daystar. That's good. Dropping the rear hitch is a great benefit too. One thing I thought was great about the Grand Cherokee was the ability to self level the rear to accommodate loads.

Cptnkirk

Reaction score
Just had it delivered today from Mark Dodge! Haven’t driven it much but definitely nicer than my 2015 CC Express!

Attachments

• 35A64FFD-90C6-4B84-9149-A3CB21ED8260.jpeg
    35A64FFD-90C6-4B84-9149-A3CB21ED8260.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 83

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Are these Tonneu covers on the BackCountry actually made by Mopar. Are there instructions for it anywhere? Mine is sliding around a bit

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Yes the tri-fold tonneau cover is on but I can't open it up. I just crawl a bit to get the stuff on the bed.
That is one reason I got the SyneticUSA tonneau/rack combo for mine. It is a hard retractable tonneau and the rack bolts onto the guide rails for the tonneau. I leave the rack off most of the time, takes about ten minutes to put on or off. The tonneau can also support 250lbs on top of it, doubt I would, but good to know I should be able to stand on it if necessary. I will say it was nice being able to open the tonneau and climb into the bed to reach the front bar when securing kayaks on the racks.

deanno33

Reaction score
A little dirty on a Western muley hunt this week. Then home and cleaned up yesterday. Picked up a white topper from a 2020 for $500. Planned to use it just for hunting trips and such. Now kinda liking it on and may leave it on for winter.

Attachments

• 20221123_110050.jpg
    20221123_110050.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 20221126_135800.jpg
    20221126_135800.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 93

deanno33

Reaction score
Anyone else have a ton of little chips out of their front black bumper? Every time I wash my truck it just kills me to see them all. No, I don't tailgate people either! I also have a big scrape in the black rear bumper...that one is my fault :)

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone else have a ton of little chips out of their front black bumper? Every time I wash my truck it just kills me to see them all. No, I don't tailgate people either! I also have a big scrape in the black rear bumper...that one is my fault :)
Yes. My first 12,000 miles have been pretty rough on that black paint which shows up even more. Not surprising though and about what I expected. That’s the joys having having paint instead of much more durable chrome which I only had before on trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online