5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

bikemancs

Reaction score
Well guys, I registered here, and have finished reading this thread, because I just told my dealer to put an order in for a BC package truck for me.

Patriot blue, loaded with almost everything, except no sunroof, no air suspension, and the 8.4 screen. I'd have preferred to have the ram boxes and the multi-function tailgate but not an option. I've been looking for a patriot blue truck I liked, I have a 2006 2500 in patriot blue, but I never really liked the 4th gens. Keeping 3.21 gears as I don't plan on getting rid of my 06, so if I need to haul, that'll be the truck.

I appreciate everyone's posts here, pretty much swung me that I was good going with this. I was looking at a Laramie, but I think this will work great.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
Finally got my flares, tow hooks and hood scoop back today after getting painted. Installed the tow hooks when I got home with them and did a dry fit on the hood scoop. Tomorrow, I'll install the hood scoop and flares. The truck is scheduled to get the lift, wheels and tires installed on Tuesday/Wednesday. Here's a few pics.... So far, love how it looks.

Attachments

• hood scoop1.jpg
    hood scoop1.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 91
  • hood scoop.jpg
    hood scoop.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 91
  • tow hooks.jpg
    tow hooks.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, it's a concept truck so it looks cool but I doubt anything on that would ever come to production from Ram. Might inspire some aftermarket companies to build something similar as it looks bolt on. It's weird but those tires do not look like 37's to me. Everything is proportioned really well.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One glaring problem with the backcountry x......YOU CANT GET RAMBOX...lol.

But seriously, I think I'm one of the only early back country orders that actually do have rambox, and I'm dying to get some kind of sports bar back there.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to see another NJ Backcountry owner!
Wharton state park yesterday.
a855dc6228a6af28ea24fb4c8a41a718.jpg

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Dakotadad

Reaction score
I've read all the issues with trying to level the front of Off Road Package (ORP) optioned trucks. Not really interested in spending a bunch of $$$ to level it. I'm wondering if lowering the rear by installing the standard springs might be the way to go.
That’s exactly what I did on my 2019 Warlock. Yeah I know that’s not a 5th gen…but it did the trick, and didn’t negatively effect anything.

BackCountryinNJ

Reaction score
I ordered the white gloss overly vinyl stickers before the truck even got to me.
I was wondering if that's what you did. Looks awesome! I ordered overlays off of Etsy for mine.....over two weeks ago and they're not here yet. Where did you get yours?

BackCountryinNJ

Reaction score
What color black did you use and if you don't mind how much did it cost to get them painted?
I had the flares painted the PXJ paint code to match the bumpers and lower body. I dropped off a few parts for paint at the same time. I pulled the tow hooks off for paint and also brought my hood scoop and flares. Total for paint was $500. for all the parts.....but, I've been going to this body shop for years for stuff like this.

jcjohn

Reaction score
Well guys, I registered here, and have finished reading this thread, because I just told my dealer to put an order in for a BC package truck for me.

Patriot blue, loaded with almost everything, except no sunroof, no air suspension, and the 8.4 screen. I'd have preferred to have the ram boxes and the multi-function tailgate but not an option. I've been looking for a patriot blue truck I liked, I have a 2006 2500 in patriot blue, but I never really liked the 4th gens. Keeping 3.21 gears as I don't plan on getting rid of my 06, so if I need to haul, that'll be the truck.

I appreciate everyone's posts here, pretty much swung me that I was good going with this. I was looking at a Laramie, but I think this will work great.
Man, you shoulda sprung for the air suspension. Had it on my '15 Laramie ED and it came standard on my '19 Limited. Ride is impeccable, and when set to OR2 and dropped in 4wd Lo, my truck is an offroad beast. Spent 8 days on WY forest service roads and 2 tracks elk hunting last week, and it went through stuff usually reserved for RAM commericals and torture tests. These trucks are very capable and I can't say enough for both onroad and offroad manners.

I'm running 18" RAM takeoffs and LT275/70/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 LTX. These tires and wheels gave me ideal sidewall height and traction last week in mud, slush, snow, and gravel last week. They're also very quiet on the pavement and provided great wet traction. Couldn't be happier.

I plan to upgrade with 2" Daystar leveling kit with links front and back and factory skid plates. This will improve ground clearance and soften the ride while lifted.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Man, you shoulda sprung for the air suspension. Had it on my '15 Laramie ED and it came standard on my '19 Limited. Ride is impeccable, and when set to OR2 and dropped in 4wd Lo, my truck is an offroad beast. Spent 8 days on WY forest service roads and 2 tracks elk hunting last week, and it went through stuff usually reserved for RAM commericals and torture tests. These trucks are very capable and I can't say enough for both onroad and offroad manners.

I'm running 18" RAM takeoffs and LT275/70/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 LTX. These tires and wheels gave me ideal sidewall height and traction last week in mud, slush, snow, and gravel last week. They're also very quiet on the pavement and provided great wet traction. Couldn't be happier.

I plan to upgrade with 2" Daystar leveling kit with links front and back and factory skid plates. This will improve ground clearance and soften the ride while lifted.
I test drove a Limited and a Laramie before ordering my BC, the air was a fun toy, but the ride didn't feel any different to me. Also figured it is much easier to "trail fix" a broken spring than a blown bag. Not to mention, the air system is heavy, dropping payload that much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online