5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Interesting. My seats do not seem to get very hot at all.
Did you ever own a Laramie or Limited with full leather seats? These in my BC get warmer than those. Plenty of -20 days over the years up here in WI and I never once thought my two Laramie’s with leather seats didn’t get warm enough.

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will do! I might start a build thread too. I have my 4 Play 4P06 wheels..... 6" Readylift, Air Design flares and 37" Toyo tires on order. Installing my pedal commander tomorrow.
Which fender flares did you go with? I went with non oem ones (red rock) and I have to warm them up and bend them a bit, so the plastic lines right up with the body of the truck. If not, I would get gaps. Also, I have to figure out what I want to do with the plastic trim pieces at the bottom edge that I removed to get the aftermarket flares on. Don't like the paint being exposed like that, but I do wash the truck enough to not worry about rust.

I have some minor gaps on them, but I need to pull them off and heat them up again. Here in south jersey, as you know salt and winters can get rough.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will do! I might start a build thread too. I have my 4 Play 4P06 wheels..... 6" Readylift, Air Design flares and 37" Toyo tires on order. Installing my pedal commander tomorrow.
Which fender flares did you go with? I went with non oem ones (red rock) and I have to warm them up and bend them a bit, so the plastic lines right up with the body of the truck. If not, I would get gaps. Also, I have to figure out what I want to do with the plastic trim pieces at the bottom edge that I removed to get the aftermarket flares on. Don't like the paint being exposed like that, but I do wash the truck enough to not worry about rust.

I have some minor gaps on them, but I need to pull them off and heat them up again. Here in south jersey, as you know salt and winters can get rough.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score

I went with Air Design flares. I've always bought Bushwhacker flares in the past. But, I realized the mud guards and the small lower black trim pieces would have to be removed with the Bushwhacker flares. Air Design seems to one of the few that retain those pieces. They're at the body shop for paint now. Right after I get the lift on mine I need to get under there and spray about 8 cans of fluid film on everything. The salt on the roads in the winter is brutal here!

Motor

Reaction score
I was interested in a Back Country but found out they recently got rid of a few options for the Big Horn trim level, for example RamBox.

Stealthfxr

Reaction score
Got a question, just got my 22 Backcountry build sheet. It does not list a 3.92 rear axle but does show e-locker. There was 3 build sheets today, all backcountry, 1 lists 3.92 but the other 2 do not. Thought all Backcountrys had 3.92's, is that true or not?

Cptnkirk

Reaction score
Got a question, just got my 22 Backcountry build sheet. It does not list a 3.92 rear axle but does show e-locker. There was 3 build sheets today, all backcountry, 1 lists 3.92 but the other 2 do not. Thought all Backcountrys had 3.92's, is that true or not?
3.21 is standard, 3.92 was a 95$ option.
In a Rebel 3.92 is standard but not in a Backcountry

Dewey

Reaction score
I have 3.21’s. Ordered that way too.😝

Dewey

Reaction score
The Back Country package claims “raised ride height”.

What exactly does this consist of and how much lift is it over stock?

It’s pretty obvious my BC sits higher than my old Laramie. Here it is side by side with another Back Country.
715FF570-4292-4AC7-8AC2-7DB11F7CE829.jpeg

Stealthfxr

Reaction score

It’s pretty obvious my BC sits higher than my old Laramie. Here it is side by side with another Back Country.
View attachment 140421
Believe they advertise 1 inch lift. Also need to account for tire size.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was interested in a Back Country but found out they recently got rid of a few options for the Big Horn trim level, for example RamBox.
I got lucky with mine, because I placed my order in June 2021. Waited 6 months to get it, and very much worth it.

If my memory serves me correct it was available from june-august last year. Then due to part shortage, they removed that feature.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 140421
It is the Off Road package which is 1" higher suspension (springs). I dont know why they don't call it the Off Road package as I think it has everything on it the OR package has.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread