5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

DillGree94

Reaction score
For guys that ordered their trucks, what type of timeframe did you guys have to wait for delivery once the truck said it was built? Mine was built this week and I'm curious how long delivery could take. The truck is coming to Texas.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
Question for fellow BackCountry owners.... Does anyone have the paint code for the lower black color? It's not on the window sticker and not on the truck. I asked the dealer when I bought it two weeks ago and they said PX8 (I think...it's written down in my truck). When I stopped by my body shop yesterday to set up painting my flares....they said PX8 was plain black.....without the diamond speckles/metallic look to it. Hope someone knows the paint code! Thnx !

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question for fellow BackCountry owners.... Does anyone have the paint code for the lower black color? It's not on the window sticker and not on the truck. I asked the dealer when I bought it two weeks ago and they said PX8 (I think...it's written down in my truck). When I stopped by my body shop yesterday to set up painting my flares....they said PX8 was plain black.....without the diamond speckles/metallic look to it. Hope someone knows the paint code! Thnx !
Mine is a TRX, but it’s Diamond Black. And the paint code is PXJ.

BackCountryinNJ

Reaction score
Love to see some pics of the fender flares when you get them painted and installed.
Will do! I might start a build thread too. I have my 4 Play 4P06 wheels..... 6" Readylift, Air Design flares and 37" Toyo tires on order. Installing my pedal commander tomorrow.

G'Dave

Reaction score
MD added my front plate on my order. I think it was a no charge item, but has to be added for us 2 platers...
I ordered my 22 2500 Laramie from MD and I'm in a 2 license plate state. My truck did not come with the front plate mount. The salesperson at MD told me that it's a no-charge item on the build sheet, and they usually check to see if it's required (based on the state that the truck is headed to). They admitted to making a mistake with mine.
You can get them on Amazon for about $20. I installed one myself - pretty easy.

Attachments

• IMG_3222.jpg
    IMG_3222.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3226.JPG
    IMG_3226.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 20

G'Dave

Reaction score
Will do! I might start a build thread too. I have my 4 Play 4P06 wheels..... 6" Readylift, Air Design flares and 37" Toyo tires on order. Installing my pedal commander tomorrow.
That will be a beast :cool:
I trust you have the good old 3.92 ratio? 3.21 will really struggle with this future setup......

BackCountryinNJ

Reaction score
That will be a beast :cool:
I trust you have the good old 3.92 ratio? 3.21 will really struggle with this future setup......
3.92's were one of my few "must haves"......along with with the 6.4 bed, non-e-torque and the 12.1 screen. Can't wait to get everything installed. I'm going to remove the tow hooks this week......that way when everything else gets painted, they're delmonico Red. Probably 3 - 4 weeks before everything gets installed. And, patience is not my best virtue.

G'Dave

Reaction score
3.92's were one of my few "must haves"......along with with the 6.4 bed, non-e-torque and the 12.1 screen. Can't wait to get everything installed. I'm going to remove the tow hooks this week......that way when everything else gets painted, they're delmonico Red. Probably 3 - 4 weeks before everything gets installed. And, patience is not my best virtue.
Nice!! I love Delmonico Red on it's own, but am undecided on how it looks with the Backcountry two tone. I guess the pictures don't do it justice. I need to see one in person..

I've driven several versions of Ram 1500's, with and without eTorque, V6, V8, EcoD, 3.21, 3.55, 3.93, as well as the 2500 with Hemi and 4.10s in my profile pic. They have all been great trucks, and each one has it's pros and cons.

I typically drive about 20K/year, and pull the trailer in my profile pic (7x14). The trailer weighs <5000 lbs fully loaded. 50% of my driving is in traffic.
This time around, I'm going to get the Hemi eTorque 4WD with 3.21s (Backcountry Quad Cab)
And then I'm going to celebrate not dropping $95 for the 3.92 upfit :ROFLMAO:

BackCountryinNJ

Reaction score
Nice!! I love Delmonico Red on it's own, but am undecided on how it looks with the Backcountry two tone. I guess the pictures don't do it justice. I need to see one in person..

I've driven several versions of Ram 1500's, with and without eTorque, V6, V8, EcoD, 3.21, 3.55, 3.93, as well as the 2500 with Hemi and 4.10s in my profile pic. They have all been great trucks, and each one has it's pros and cons.

I typically drive about 20K/year, and pull the trailer in my profile pic (7x14). The trailer weighs <5000 lbs fully loaded. 50% of my driving is in traffic.
This time around, I'm going to get the Hemi eTorque 4WD with 3.21s (Backcountry Quad Cab)
And then I'm going to celebrate not dropping $95 for the 3.92 upfit :ROFLMAO:
For some reason......the pics of my truck always look "red" not the deep burgundy color it seems in-person. I don't normally like two tone trucks. At all. I don't think I would like this one if the bottom and the bumpers were a flat or matte black. My lifted 4th gen had 3.55's. Wasn't bad with a pedal commander, but I swore my next one would have 3.92's.

Sanders

Reaction score
Hunting trip with the Backcountry was great. Extremely enjoyed the rear locker and was actually quite surprised by the grip of the stock tires (even if they are small).

Attachments

• 0BC847EA-FED7-42AE-B73C-8CA0C5524DD2.jpeg
    0BC847EA-FED7-42AE-B73C-8CA0C5524DD2.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 078D3CBE-3B1E-466A-BC28-8269291F16BB.jpeg
    078D3CBE-3B1E-466A-BC28-8269291F16BB.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 83
  • FCE73BB5-8716-4972-8209-84B33A9697E1.jpeg
    FCE73BB5-8716-4972-8209-84B33A9697E1.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 82

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Hunting trip with the Backcountry was great. Extremely enjoyed the rear locker and was actually quite surprised by the grip of the stock tires (even if they are small).

What state? I had a MI elk in the back of my Laramie in '21, but you can only draw 1 tag in your lifetime here.

Been putting in for points out of state, hoping to put some miles on my crew version of your truck one year (love the white and black).

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
damn it been crisp fall weather here and I can now confirm after multiple uses the heated seats and wheel are pretty much worthless:(

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
damn it been crisp fall weather here and I can now confirm after multiple uses the heated seats and wheel are pretty much worthless:(
Gotta be something wrong there. I tried mine and the seats actually get warmer than they did on my previous Laramie’s with full leather seats. Warm enough I can barely stand the high setting for too long. The heated wheel on the BC is comprable to what I had before. The entire wheel doesn’t heat up just the standard driving hand positions.

Users who are viewing this thread