5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Hi all,

Pic request. Can someone post a picture of the inside of the bed? As I wait for mine to be built, I'm curious what tie-downs come standard. I know BC's have the side rails like my Tacoma did, but I'm curious what tie-downs are on the bed floor and sides.

Thanks in advance!

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Moto Fab spacers and Mopar UCA.
Thats odd...I did see this quote on the install instructions, but they are for older Rams..I wonder if the "special off road edition" is also what our ORG is?

"Step 13: Reinstall the strut assembly. (it will only go in 180 degrees from the way it came out) Special off road edition RAM/Dakotas may come with shocks with the upper coil hat at a slight angle. This will prevent the strut from being bolted back in. Use a spring compressor and compress the springs enough to rotate the upper spacer assembly 180 degrees without moving the lower shock mounting bracket."

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2022 Ram 1500, Crew cab, big horn and I'm wondering if my truck will have the same storage system as in this picture or will it just be floorboard under the seat? Can anyone help me out? I am trying to order husky floor liners but want to make sure they fit.

I'm not sure but I don't think Big Horns come equipped with the factory storage box. My 20 Big Horn did not have it, my 22 Laramie does. I like the factory setup fine, nice that it doesn't interfere with removing the floor mat. I had the Du-Ha in my Big Horn and liked all the additional capacity it provided (depth and height), but it covered the rear mat so it was a pain sometimes to access underneath it.

I tried to level mine this weekend and it didn’t work. I was going to put the 2” spacer above the struts and install new uca. The lower strut bolt would not line up with the lower control arm because the strut would rub against the lower arm - hard to explain. I have installed these lifts in the past and never had a problem so not sure if the off road package is the problem.

Which kit did you go with?

Moto Fab spacers and Mopar UCA.

Thats odd...I did see this quote on the install instructions, but they are for older Rams..I wonder if the "special off road edition" is also what our ORG is?

"Step 13: Reinstall the strut assembly. (it will only go in 180 degrees from the way it came out) Special off road edition RAM/Dakotas may come with shocks with the upper coil hat at a slight angle. This will prevent the strut from being bolted back in. Use a spring compressor and compress the springs enough to rotate the upper spacer assembly 180 degrees without moving the lower shock mounting bracket."
I've read all the issues with trying to level the front of Off Road Package (ORP) optioned trucks. Not really interested in spending a bunch of $$$ to level it. I'm wondering if lowering the rear by installing the standard springs might be the way to go.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've read all the issues with trying to level the front of Off Road Package (ORP) optioned trucks. Not really interested in spending a bunch of $$$ to level it. I'm wondering if lowering the rear by installing the standard springs might be the way to go.
I was kinda thinking the same thing although Readylift specifically says which of their kits works with the ORG. That is a little more reassuring for me.

Mogen89

Reaction score
I plan on eventually leveling mine and I've kind of decided on Bilstein 5100 front struts. They can level the ORG up to 2" supposedly. That's what I put on my 2001 tacoma and they're pretty nice.

Question is whether or not to get the Mopar UCAs. I've seen all kinds of opinions from "you don't need them with less than 2" lift" to "you need them for any lift" to "they're no different than the stock ones"

That's also my "mild" option: Level the front and put 33s
My "wild" option is the 2" mopar lift and 35s. I need to take it offroad and see how it does before I decide...

Sanders

Reaction score
I’m going to do the Bilstein or maybe Rough Country complete struts. I’ve had the Bilsteins on another Ram and liked them but I hate swapping the springs over. The RC struts come ready to bolt in so point for them I guess? I wonder how the RC struts feel driving down the road …rough?

I had the the ORG UCA and the Mopar level kit UCA on the bench next to each other. I couldn’t see any real difference but only looked at them for a quick minute. I did notice that they have different part numbers.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I was kinda thinking the same thing although Readylift specifically says which of their kits works with the ORG. That is a little more reassuring for me.
As far as I can tell, Readylift makes no leveling kits for the Backcountry (Off Road Group) Big Horn. They list three options - air suspension, standard suspension, preload spacers. Both the standard suspension and preload spacer versions state: Not for use on trucks that are factory pre-lifted/leveled or that have the "off-road package".

ReadyLIFT | Shop Leveling Kits

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to their website, it depends on your wheel centerline to fender lip which cannot be more than 22". 1.5'' Leveling Kit With Tubular Upper Control Arms Air Ride Equipped.

The 2" for sure says it wont fit ORG Rams. Out of the recent Ready Lift group buy I asked about both leveling kits ability to fit ORG equipped trucks. The seller of the group buy checked with Ready Lift and was told that the 2" kit has not been tested with ORG Rams which is why is lists that it doesn't fit. They did tell me that Ready Lift told him that the kits have been put on ORG Rams at dealerships without problems. :unsure: Not super confidence inspiring if the website says it won't fit but sales rep says it will. My wheel center to lip measures out at 22.5" which is .5" beyond what they say it will fit. Again, the Ready Lift rep said both the 1.5" and 2" should fit fine. I kinda think I would trust the website as that probably has been vetted by their attorney's, or at minimum is their conservative "safe" statement.

Funny about the Rebel since it already has the higher spec suspension. As far as I can tell the Rebel ORG only adds accessories and doesn't change the suspension. It doesnt make sense that the 2" kit fits the Rebel but not ORG Rams...at least not with what limited knowledge I have on the Rebel vs ORG suspension.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
According to their website, it depends on your wheel centerline to fender lip which cannot be more than 22". 1.5'' Leveling Kit With Tubular Upper Control Arms Air Ride Equipped.

The 2" for sure says it wont fit ORG Rams. Out of the recent Ready Lift group buy I asked about both leveling kits ability to fit ORG equipped trucks. The seller of the group buy checked with Ready Lift and was told that the 2" kit has not been tested with ORG Rams which is why is lists that it doesn't fit. They did tell me that Ready Lift told him that the kits have been put on ORG Rams at dealerships without problems. :unsure: Not super confidence inspiring if the website says it won't fit but sales rep says it will. My wheel center to lip measures out at 22.5" which is .5" beyond what they say it will fit. Again, the Ready Lift rep said both the 1.5" and 2" should fit fine. I kinda think I would trust the website as that probably has been vetted by their attorney's, or at minimum is their conservative "safe" statement.

Funny about the Rebel since it already has the higher spec suspension. As far as I can tell the Rebel ORG only adds accessories and doesn't change the suspension. It doesnt make sense that the 2" kit fits the Rebel but not ORG Rams...at least not with what limited knowledge I have on the Rebel vs ORG suspension.
Since this thread is for the Backcountry and air ride suspension is not available on the Big Horn there's really no point in looking at the leveling kit for air ride or the specs for it. All I know is the Readylift website says the two non-air ride options are not for use on trucks that are factory pre-lifted/leveled or that have the "off-road package". I tend be conservative and follow what the manufacturer says their product will fit.

When I get around to leveling my Backcountry, I'll likely start by lowering the rear with standard springs and see what that looks like. With the front an inch higher than normal it's already plenty high for me.

Last edited:

Akerwin10

Reaction score
Since this thread is for the Backcountry and air ride suspension is not available on the Big Horn there's really no point in looking at the leveling kit for air ride or the specs for it. All I know is the Readylift website says the two options that do fit the Big Horn are not for use on trucks that are factory pre-lifted/leveled or that have the "off-road package". I tend be conservative and follow what the manufacturer says their product will fit.

When I get around to leveling my Backcountry, I'll likely start by lowering the rear with standard springs and see what that looks like. With the front an inch higher than normal it's already plenty high for me.
Actually you can get air suspension on big horns.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. Just under $1900. I had it checked on my build but changed my mind.

Lowering the rear is not a bad idea, but going the wrong way for me. I like the clearance from the ORG lift. Just want it leveled.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score

Yep. Just under $1900. I had it checked on my build but changed my mind.

Lowering the rear is not a bad idea, but going the wrong way for me. I like the clearance from the ORG lift. Just want it leveled.

Don't know what I was thinking... It sure is. I edited my previous post.

Eggman

Reaction score
Here is my 2022 Backcountry Quad Cab. Granite Crystal, Regular 5.7, 3:92’s, Level 2, Alpine and 12”, Safety and Cross Traffic, LED’s, wheel well liners. Ordered March 19th and delivered June 18th. Weird thing my dealer or RAM won’t answer is why the same truck on their lot in March minus all my added options had the black side steps but when ordered mine it was dropped out of the Backcountry option but the option price stayed at $2695. The dealer worked with me to add them for $150 my cost.
08F37074-D26C-4472-98FF-48254547C344.jpeg

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck was stock in that pic. I am adding the RC 3.5in lift next week.

Yes…wanna see pics. I keep going between the 2” leveling kit, or 3.5” one.

2022 Ram 1500 Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

baltorex

Reaction score
Are the tires able to fit prior to a level kit??
If you look at the pic I posted, I have the 295\70\18 tires on the truck with the stock Back Country setup. I get the 3.5 in lift tomorrow and will post pics.

Users who are viewing this thread