5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi can anyone with a backcountry with level 2 tell me if the truck came with passive entry or was it just keyless?

Thanks
Don’t have my truck yet but when ordering only keyless was available with Level 2.

I might be wrong but isn’t passive entry only available on Laramie trims on up? It was on both my Laramie’s and don’t ever recall seeing it on a Bighorn. 🤔

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Here is my BC where I added TRX wheels and Rebel style wheel flares. My step rails are on their way from the dealer (no cost - as they were suppose to come with the BC package - thank you Dan Cummins in KY). I have 1.5" level for the front end. I have installed them on 4 or 5 trucks over the years. Takes about 4 hours, but is hard on my back :-|

TRX wheels are a different offset, right? So your wheels are sitting outboard a little more than stock?

Mogen89

Reaction score
The TRX 1 license plate. Spring of 2021 I bought a TRX (at sticker). Within a week I heard of crazy prices being paid out west and overseas. I bought the TRX for $78k and put it on AutoTrader.com for $95k. Before I got the email from AutoTrader that my listing was active, I got a phone call from a broker in Texas. Paid me $96k as I agreed to take it to the local Manheim Auction center for shipment to where ever. This saved them flying a person in to do the Manheim stuff. He Zelle'd me $5k during the phone call and wired me the balance the next day. Stupid fast money for a truck I had for a week. Bought 2 more TRX's since then (a 2021 at sticker and a 2022 i ordered in July and arrived in December. The 2022 was ordered at 3% under dealer invoice) and flipped them for 12k and 20k profit. Each took less than a few days to sell. All the buying and flipping pretty much paid for my BC. I don't need a TRX. They are fantastic but are big cash, drink lots of premium fuel. higher insurance, are huge so take up too much of the garage. I have a friend that has one, so if i need a TRX fix, I go visit and we blast around the country side. The market is now flooded with the TRX so the game has changed. I was in during its prime time.
ahhh, I wondered. I was like boy that's a bold statement putting TRX 1 on a Bighorn. That's a wild story though!

mophead

Reaction score
So let me get this straight; keyless means I do not have to use a key, BUT I have to push the unlock on the fob? Passive means I can walk up and pull the handle. Is keyless ALSO can push the button on the door handle (with fob in pocket) to unlock and open the door. A fob is a PITA when your hands are full.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So let me get this straight; keyless means I do not have to use a key, BUT I have to push the unlock on the fob? Passive means I can walk up and pull the handle. Is keyless ALSO can push the button on the door handle (with fob in pocket) to unlock and open the door. A fob is a PITA when your hands are full.

Keyless entry is a term that has been around since nineties which will tell you all you need to know about what it does, you have a fob with buttons that you can use to enter without using physical keys to manually unlock the door. The modern twist is having the push button start once in the vehicle to also not use the physical key there either. With this setup your exterior door handle will not have a button on it.

With passive entry, with the keyfob in your pocket (or within range that the truck senses) you can simply grab the door handle (to unlock you grab the handle just as you would to open the door, the sensor being on the backside of the handle) or when exiting, you can hit the button on the outside of the handle to lock the vehicle.

mophead

Reaction score
Keyless entry is a term that has been around since nineties which will tell you all you need to know about what it does, you have a fob with buttons that you can use to enter without using physical keys to manually unlock the door. The modern twist is having the push button start once in the vehicle to also not use the physical key there either. With this setup your exterior door handle will not have a button on it.

With passive entry, with the keyfob in your pocket (or within range that the truck senses) you can simply grab the door handle (to unlock you grab the handle just as you would to open the door, the sensor being on the backside of the handle) or when exiting, you can hit the button on the outside of the handle to lock the vehicle.
And the Bighorn does not have the passive feature? Has it been removed because of the chip shortage? For Pete's sake I drive a stripper 2018 Durango at work that has that.
1650599970778.jpeg

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the bighorn trim, it's an option for passive entry...just like a bunch of other features, like LED headlights/tail lights, navigation (uconnect), and 12" screen.

Remember, it's a budget friendly offroad truck. If you want some more standard features, you have to step up to the next trim like the Laramie or rebel, but your paying extra for those trims.

To be honest, I'm getting used to some of the smaller things I dont have, when I have the laramie. But it's all offset by the bigger things I replaced it with....like rambox, 12 in screen and pano sunroof.

I don't have deep pockets so I picked and choose what I wanted. I'm happy with what I got.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

jlrozzi

Reaction score
e06efaff22386aa3fd9b510e5bacfb51.jpg

Enjoying my new back country !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Anyone have more info on the running board issue? Another thread had customers receiving their BC with no running boards, and another guy had the running boards delivered in the bed if the truck.

When costing my truck, I had a dealership tell me they'd have to install the running boards "per ram", but they wanted to charge me extra for it, so I assumed it was a scam.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Anyone have more info on the running board issue? Another thread had customers receiving their BC with no running boards, and another guy had the running boards delivered in the bed if the truck.

When costing my truck, I had a dealership tell me they'd have to install the running boards "per ram", but they wanted to charge me extra for it, so I assumed it was a scam.
I believe the concern is for those who ordered the double cab. Double cabs not coming with them, but crew cab does.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the bighorn trim, it's an option for passive entry...just like a bunch of other features, like LED headlights/tail lights, navigation (uconnect), and 12" screen.

Remember, it's a budget friendly offroad truck. If you want some more standard features, you have to step up to the next trim like the Laramie or rebel, but your paying extra for those trims.

To be honest, I'm getting used to some of the smaller things I dont have, when I have the laramie. But it's all offset by the bigger things I replaced it with....like rambox, 12 in screen and pano sunroof.

I don't have deep pockets so I picked and choose what I wanted. I'm happy with what I got.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
When I ordered mine passive was not an option...I looked. Wish it had. I did order it at a time when I thought everything was available as I did get Led headlights, level 2 with folding mirrors, etc. which were things effected by the chip shortages.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread