5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
When my Patriot Blue comes in I'll post here. Ordered the first week of April so it will be a couple of months. :cry:

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Did your BC come with remote-proximity keyless entry? Just realizing it's not listed in the package features or Level 2 group anymore, but its listed on the Rebel Level 2.

Sanders

Reaction score
Nope. I didn’t really know or care about it before. But now having the push button start I do think that it would be nice to have. Kind of annoying to dig the key fob out of your pocket just to lock and unlock your truck. If I had to pick option though I would go for the led headlights over the halogen.

Reldn

Reaction score
EDIT: Misspoke.

Last edited:

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up ordering the LED headlights. I wish the prox was available too, but at least it can be added less expansively than the LED's

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's odd, remote-keyless entry is listed as standard equipment on my window sticker. It'll be interesting to see what I have or don't have when it arrives.
Remote is through the key fob. Proximity is when you just need to touch the door handle.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
So can you open the door with the key in your pocket without hitting unlock? Or is that what it doesn't come with? My wife's Grand Cherokee has it and it was included.

If you get a leveling kit does it mess up your trade in?

jlrozzi

Reaction score
Ill tell you what is annoying. When you leave your truck running and get out of the truck and it honks 3 times loudly. The needs a disable option ASAP.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So can you open the door with the key in your pocket without hitting unlock? Or is that what it doesn't come with? My wife's Grand Cherokee has it and it was included.

If you get a leveling kit does it mess up your trade in?
Not on the BC, at least not now. You can add it after with a bit of work

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the Backcountry come with a 1" lift like the Rebel and offroad package? It isn't in the specs and I can't find it anywhere.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Not on the BC, at least not now. You can add it after with a bit of work

I'll be attempting this. My rebel and laramie both had it, as well as the 2 grand cherokees I've had in the past. I'm addicted, especially now that I have a baby seat/carrier in hand non-stop.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll be attempting this. My rebel and laramie both had it, as well as the 2 grand cherokees I've had in the past. I'm addicted, especially now that I have a baby seat/carrier in hand non-stop.
Same here. I really appreciate having that feature. When I build my BC I set it up so that I can add additional features later.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does the Backcountry come with a 1" lift like the Rebel and offroad package? It isn't in the specs and I can't find it anywhere.
Yes. Here is my 2017 Laramie 4X4 parked next to a Back Country. I’m guessing 2” for sure. No doubt sits higher than other 5th Gens as well.

Attachments

• 18EF28BF-05C8-4F3D-955A-11C6B776D661.jpeg
    18EF28BF-05C8-4F3D-955A-11C6B776D661.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 139

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Probabably adaptive cruise control, auto high beam and rain sense wipers. Maybe on all of that. The stuff I ordered kind of makes adding those easier. About the only must have is the prox entry.

I'm watching Tyler Potter's YouTube video on prox entry right now, and having second thoughts lol

Users who are viewing this thread