5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets See Your BackCountry Trim Trucks!!

Sanders

Reaction score
Like everything about it except the mpg = 12.8. I traded in a 2014 Bighorn that was getting 15 with a lift and tires so I’m not sure why this truck is so much worse.

Scrants

Reaction score
Like everything about it except the mpg = 12.8. I traded in a 2014 Bighorn that was getting 15 with a lift and tires so I’m not sure why this truck is so much worse.

MPG is usually worse in the break-in period. Those #’s should come up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evanm129

Reaction score
I am looking to order a Backcountry next week and I have some questions : etorque or not? I don’t know enough about and dislike start stop vehicles. How was order process? What’s waits like? Did you keep rebates and Apr incentives at order or roll dice to see what’s available when it arrives?
Thanks in advance

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with etorque because in my test drives it did seem to smooth out the shifts and I do a lot of city driving which it potentially helps with. If I had not done a back to back comparison, the shifting differences would have gone unnoticed though. All my dates are in my signature. My salesman locked in some incentives at the time of order, but since it is is here now, the April incentives are pretty good. Not great, but not terrible either.

My order process was great. No hiccups and while I have not closely inspected my build, everything looks like it is there. I put a deposit down, which theoretically price protected me. However, I did order it right after a $1500 price hike. Missed it by 24 hours. :(

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Somebody likes the go faster pedal too much 😎

Sanders

Reaction score
Can’t speak about ordering my kind of local dealer (2 hours away) actually had two backcountry trucks in stock.
Yankee Echo - I have been driving super easy lately. Maybe that’s the problem😎?
I did take it out this morning to chase some turkeys around in the woods. I’m really liking this truck but it really needs a level kit. Is the “factory lift” in the springs or are there spacers in the front?

Attachments

• A5586E28-79B7-44F7-AE2F-E4D62D68D400.jpeg
    A5586E28-79B7-44F7-AE2F-E4D62D68D400.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 145

jlrozzi

Reaction score
Can’t speak about ordering my kind of local dealer (2 hours away) actually had two backcountry trucks in stock.
Yankee Echo - I have been driving super easy lately. Maybe that’s the problem?
I did take it out this morning to chase some turkeys around in the woods. I’m really liking this truck but it really needs a level kit. Is the “factory lift” in the springs or are there spacers in the front?

I inquired Friday about leveling kit with a business who sell rough country leveling kits. He said their spacers aren’t compatible with big horns with the off road package. I assume back countries essentially have the same stuff the off road package has. He said he could replace my struts but that was it. I don’t anything about this stuff so I don’t know if that helps you answer your question.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I am looking to order a Backcountry next week and I have some questions : etorque or not? I don’t know enough about and dislike start stop vehicles. How was order process? What’s waits like? Did you keep rebates and Apr incentives at order or roll dice to see what’s available when it arrives?
Thanks in advance
The start stop is super smooth and hardly noticeable unless you are trying to. My wife's car (rebadged Mercedes) it shakes the whole car.

myramtrx

Reaction score
Picked up my red Back Country a few days ago. Yes, quad cab did or does not now come with the step bars, but the dealer is shipping me a set as all of the brochures, etc. have step bars in the BC edition package. I had bought and added the sport bar and at the time of this photo I installed one TRX 18" wheel just to see if i liked it and yesterday had the other 3 installed. They look great and widen the stance by about 1.5". Traded a 9mm and a couple hundred bucks for the wheels. A good deal. Ordered it at a price protected 4% under invoice from Dan Cummins in KY. Final price after current rebates was about $46.5k

Attachments

• Back Country Window Sticker Detail.jpg
    Back Country Window Sticker Detail.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2306.jpg
    IMG_2306.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 221

myramtrx

Reaction score
I inquired Friday about leveling kit with a business who sell rough country leveling kits. He said their spacers aren’t compatible with big horns with the off road package. I assume back countries essentially have the same stuff the off road package has. He said he could replace my struts but that was it. I don’t anything about this stuff so I don’t know if that helps you answer your question.

I have leveled a number of RAM 1500 Bighorn or Rebel. A 1.5" or 2" strut top spacer gets it done and it is also best to buy the control arms that have the proper angle so that the ball joint does not wear from angle stress. Not hard to do. Just takes time and patience and moderate mechanical skills.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up my red Back Country a few days ago. Yes, quad cab did or does not now come with the step bars, but the dealer is shipping me a set as all of the brochures, etc. have step bars in the BC edition package. I had bought and added the sport bar and at the time of this photo I installed one TRX 18" wheel just to see if i liked it and yesterday had the other 3 installed. They look great and widen the stance by about 1.5". Traded a 9mm and a couple hundred bucks for the wheels. A good deal. Ordered it at a price protected 4% under invoice from Dan Cummins in KY. Final price after current rebates was about $46.5k
Looks great. The red is a great color on this trim.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score

More pics with the TRX wheels? I was thinking about doing the same.

Evanm129

Reaction score
Thanks in advance
I pulled the trigger and ordered today. I went regular Hemi as it’s what I feel comfortable with. Went thru MD now the wait but very excited for my backcountry

jlrozzi

Reaction score
25c5e0f59fdeb042ed0567912705edc3.jpg

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Picked up my red Back Country a few days ago. Yes, quad cab did or does not now come with the step bars, but the dealer is shipping me a set as all of the brochures, etc. have step bars in the BC edition package.
That’s nice the dealer is taking care of you. It’s bad that Ram is dropped a $600+ part from the package and didn’t adjust the price.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
That’s nice the dealer is taking care of you. It’s bad that Ram is dropped a $600+ part from the package and didn’t adjust the price.

Funny.. I placed a BC order last week and heard of no issues, but when I was price shopping, I had a dealer tell me the bed cover and side steps had to be installed after delivery "per RAM".

This didn't pass the sniff test, as the sticker price was going to be the same, but the dealership wanted 1700 at delivery for those parts. Maybe there's a half-truth in there somewhere.

I work for Stella, so I'd love for my truck to arrive without those parts. I get a 25% discount on Mopar parts lol.

Users who are viewing this thread