5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's see those running boards/side steps

warpeg

Reaction score
I'm a new 2020 Ram Bighorn owner and this is my first post on the forum. My Ram is a black quad cab with chrome grille. Is there a general consensus regarding chrome (or stainless) vs. black for running boards when it comes to "matching the grille", or is it really all about personal preference?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Tyger steps as well and really like them. Price is very reasonable and they seem pretty solid.
If I ever changed from the factory steps, I would likely get the Tyger Blades. They look good. Mine were thrown in the deal when purchased. I like them, and they work great, but I like the look of the Tyger Blade better. JMO. Tint April 14 2020.jpg

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a new 2020 Ram Bighorn owner and this is my first post on the forum. My Ram is a black quad cab with chrome grille. Is there a general consensus regarding chrome (or stainless) vs. black for running boards when it comes to "matching the grille", or is it really all about personal preference?
Unless you're going with actual rock sliders it's 100% personal preference. You do you. Almost all of these steps/running boards are not true rock sliders as they just bolt to the body.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I ever changed from the factory steps, I would likely get the Tyger Blades. They look good. Mine were thrown in the deal when purchased. I like them, and they work great, but I like the look of the Tyger Blade better. JMO. View attachment 53443

I’m sure it’s been asked - which tires are these in factory 22s? Any lift/level?

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s been asked - which tires are these in factory 22s? Any lift/level?

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red
Yes, and no problem asking....Yes, factory 22's that came with the Black Appearance Package, but aren't black, more like a granite grey, at first I wished they were black, but that look is so overdone, and the wheels balance out the truck and match well with the tires in color.
As stated, Yokohama Geolandars M/T 285/55R. The front end is lifted/leveled with 2" top hat spacers. Also added Venum 2" wheel spacers. Without the 2" wheel spacer, only a little trimming of the stock splash guards was needed, with the spacers, more trimming and heat gun the fender liners and shape, and cool with a wet towel. I think it's all listed in my sig.

Mother

Reaction score
I was looking at getting the Mopar steps but decided to save some dough and try the Tyger ones instead. Went on easy enough, look good and seem nice and sturdy. No regrets!

20200502_122454.jpg

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
I got the TAC side steps running boards in black for my Ram Laramie. 4E2CB9A5-A18E-4B21-B8BE-F0086971E3B4.jpeg F331C380-C8BF-4E85-B0C6-422844CCFD85.jpeg

Last edited:

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ive ben looking for running boards for months now i see the new F150s boards that look sweet (no gap) between the rockers on the Fords every one for the Rams have a 1 or 2 inch gap. im not feeling that, i guess ill wait...

shktrk

Reaction score
ive ben looking for running boards for months now i see the new F150s boards that look sweet (no gap) between the rockers on the Fords every one for the Rams have a 1 or 2 inch gap. im not feeling that, i guess ill wait...
Agreed. We need better fitting boards

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Westin HDX drop steps. I really like how they look, but there is some surface rust after only one winter with them. Kind of disappointed about that. No comments on how dirty my truck is. I drove through a swarm of bugs that morning and haven't had a chance to wash her yet.

2020 Laramie right front.jpg

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s personal preference , the chrome you can get wheel to wheel and the black you can‘t if you want mopar ones .

Users who are viewing this thread