5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let the fun begin!

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this thread...mine was fixed yesterday too. My issue was the panel brackets on the door either loose or broke, causing the door to not latch shut. Let's hope we are both snug and safe permanently!

Mr.G

Reaction score
I had a door problem with one of my other cars. When i took it to the dealer they checked it out and because of the safety and possible liability issues they would not let me take the car off the lot. They gave me a nice loaner and called me when it was fixed and safe to drive. If one has to tie their door closed and the dealer has documented it they are looking at a big law suit if someone gets hurt.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shades of the F150 door ldebacle however the difference is that RAM can actually fix it while Ford couldnt...

Have to careful about tossing rocks at Ford though, at least their ac blows cold. Now their cooled seats is another issue...
🙄

highgear2005

Reaction score
Both my 2015 and 2018 F150 had the frozen door issue. Driving 30 minutes to work at 5am, holding the door the whole trip! What scares me, it was my rear door on my RAM. My three year old sits behind me and my baby’s on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Both my 2015 and 2018 F150 had the frozen door issue. Driving 30 minutes to work at 5am, holding the door the whole trip! What scares me, it was my rear door on my RAM. My three year old sits behind me and my baby’s on the other side.

That is hard to swallow, seeing the same thing beginning to start up. The only good thing is that this is a rare event so far, and there aren’t that many parts that make up the door latching system. Of course, Ford should have been able to figure their issue out... 🤔

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bad news - my fixed door is now broken again. Had a friend tonight try to open the back door...said it's not opening is it locked? I said impossible I just unlocked it. I walked over and the handle itself wouldn't budge, couldn't get it to release. Little extra tug and it opened...and YUP...would not close. Just kept bouncing open. I slammed it a couple times and it finally stayed closed. Went inside from the other door and pushed on it, no movement so for now it's closed with a DO NOT USE. This seriously has to be a cold weather issue - it's like 17 degrees now. But back to the dealer I go...does not make sense why this door will not latch closed.

highgear2005

Reaction score
I’m knocking on wood! My door has been fine,since the dealer replaced. cable, bracket and handle! Good luck to you!

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am 100% going to suggest that route when I call on Monday. Happy to hear yours is working solid.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I am 100% going to suggest that route when I call on Monday. Happy to hear yours is working solid.
Keep us informed please, thanks. Sorry for your issues especially with your 3 yr old riding on that side.
My wife would torch me if I let my 3 yr old grandson sit there ...😬
(don’t ever get in the way of a protective grandmother...)

Users who are viewing this thread